[Choir] ALL CHOIR CALLS, Sat 4/30 and M/Th this week

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Fri Apr 22 12:12:23 EDT 2016

Dear All,

Here are the details for this coming week. Please note that this week's Monday and Thursday rehearsals are the last ones before our concert. Attendance, therefore, is particularly important. Please be there, on time. Thank you!

MONDAY and THURSDAY - rehearsal is at DEBAUN, at our usual times.

Music binders will be moved down to the theatre on Monday afternoon between 2 & 4.

POETRY READERS AND SOLOISTS: We can have DeBaun starting at 5:30 on both evenings, to rehearse your various pieces. We only have mics on Thursday, which is important for the poetry, so my hope is that everyone can manage times then. I can also stay after Choir both evenings (though not past 9:45). I will check with Stephanie about solo rehearsals.

  *   NOTE: by "Soloists," I am referring above to those needing to rehearse alone with Stephanie - Rachel, Ian, Rowena, Beth. Ideally, each of you arranges an additional rehearsal with Stephanie just before or after Choir rehearsals this week (DO cc me, as I'm scheduling poetry!) You know the drill - she's at steffy28 at aol.com.

SATURDAY APRIL 30 - tech and concert calls, DeBaun:

2:30-3:30 - Poetry Readers & Soloists, specifics TBA. There will be little to no time for musical detail here, soloists - that should be reviewed earlier in the week. These are pick-up rehearsals.

3:20 call; 3:30 start; go to 5:15 - FULL CHOIR. Please be ON TIME - we will have no time to waste in waiting for latecomers. "On time" means a bare minimum of 10 minutes early, with stuff stowed and folders found (they'll be onstage or backstage) in plenty of time to START at 3:30.

To reiterate: 3:30 is the time we START - not the time you walk in the door. Please be quiet when you arrive, as other rehearsing will probably be happening. Thanks.

5:00-5:30 PRESIDENT'S ENSEMBLE. Those of you not in the Choir - PLEASE NOTE that you are scheduled 15 minutes before the choir leaves, and please be ON TIME! On time = at least 5 minutes early. This call is to allow us to rehearse the logistics of getting you into and out of performance position.

5:30-7:00 - Break for dinner & getting dressed

7:00 - CHOIR CALL - ALL ONSTAGE; ALL DRESSED (please do not plan to change at DeBaun if you can avoid it - there is very little room or privacy backstage)

7:30 - House opens; all performers backstage (or in front row house seats, for non-Choir President's members)

8:00 - Curtain

I can't tell you how long the concert will last, but I wouldn't plan on leaving DeBaun before 9:30.

We have a TERRIFIC concert, folks. I am hugely looking forward to this!

All best,