[Choir] CHOIR - Welcome Back!

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Aug 25 20:46:50 EDT 2016

Dear Choir!

Our first rehearsals are fast approaching - as always, we start right at the beginning of the semester. Our first rehearsal is this coming Monday 8/29 - hope to see you!

If you didn't get the email I sent a few weeks back here's a quick update:

OUR FIRST CONCERT APPEARANCE IS SUNDAY SEPT 11, AFTERNOON (about 2-5:30pm all told).

  *   ?This is a 9/11 Memorial Concert involving various community groups, being presented at Ss. Peter & Paul (southwest corner of 4th & Hudson (very close to DeBaun).
  *   Please bring nice-ish black & white to wear.
  *   Our solo (just us) repertoire will be: "Every Night When the Sun Goes Down" and "Northern Lights" (Gjeilo) from last spring's concert.
  *   We will join in with the other choirs, under the direction of Matthew Still, on a great arrangement of "Let the River Run."

Let the River Run (C. Simon/C. H. Johnson):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OArIoBORaYs

Northern Lights (O. Gjeilo):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYXAeiHhUI

Ss. Peter & Paul 9/11 concert page:
https://spphoboken.com/contents/music/hoboken-september-11-memorial-concert.php

CAROL SING AT ST. MATTHEWS': Sunday December 4, 6pm call

STEVENS CHOIR FALL CONCERT: Saturday December 10; afternoon tech & 8pm curtain

Repertoire includes music noting the 15th anniversary of 9/11, a huge event in recent American, NYC and Hoboken history, and related music on themes of both conflict and hope.

A major highlight will be the full "Chichester Pslams," with percussion (Greg McNeil is joining us), harp, and organ-via-keyboards. The Bernstein is a doesn't-happen-often bucket list item for choral singers - it's a fantastic piece and we are going to have a challenging, wonderful time with it!

Chichester Pslams (Leonard Bernstein):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2g6eu6tJQU