[Choir] Seeking Students!

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 29 14:12:34 EST 2016

Hi Everyone,

The Office of Communications and Marketing are looking for students and thought some of you might be interested/available. IF YOU ARE, please fill out the Doodle on your availability:  https://doodle.com/poll/ifdkf4nsrz9df324

The sessions will be on Wednesday, March 2, between 12:30pm and 2:30pm – you must be available for at least one 15 minute time slot within that period to participate. Thanks!!!

-Dave

We need your help!

Stevens is launching a brand new website and are looking for volunteers to take part in a “Student Reaction video” to showcase the benefits of the new site and help build positive buzz in the Stevens community. We’re excited to share the site with our students, hear their reactions, and capture the positive reactions on film to promote and support the site launch. This video will be shared with university leadership and the Board of Trustees.

So, how are we asking you to help?

On Wednesday, March 2nd, between 12:30pm and 2:30pm, we ask that you take 10 minutes to meet our video crew in Fielding Room (3rd Floor of the Howe Center). Our facilitator will show you a few parts of the new website and ask for your (hopefully enthusiastic) opinion.

We will record your reactions and, in some cases, the facilitator might ask a few follow-up questions. The goal is to capture positive reactions and there are no wrong answers! We want to hear from you, in your own words.

While the positive reactions will of course be more likely to make it into the video reel, all feedback will help us as we prepare to launch this dynamic new site to put a modern and fresh face on the university.

You’re done after just a few minutes of the video session. We will take the clips and compile a Student Reaction video that will be shown to the Stevens Board of Trustees. We greatly appreciate your involvement and can’t wait to share the new site!

What to wear on camera

We’ve put together some tips on how you can really look your best on camera! But these are just guidelines – we want you to be comfortable and wear your regular clothes. Attire should be clean and polished but also collegiate and natural. Be yourself and have fun!

- Avoid stark white or bright yellow shirts that tend to reflect light and be too vivid on camera.

- Avoid black shirts or sweatshirts, which tend to diminish your appearance because they absorb too much light.

- Aim to wear solid colored clothes. Best bets are navy blues, grays, beige, dark creams and browns.

- Avoid highly shiny or glossy fabrics that reflect light back into the camera.

- Avoid fabrics with complicated patterns such as checks, tight/close stripes, herringbones and tweeds. Fabrics of this design tend to flutter on camera.

- Avoid wearing sleeveless dresses or tops that are not accompanied by a matching jacket or ensemble.

- Avoid large jewelry that may sparkle, shine or dangle in the light (such as long earrings and gold necklaces worn outside).

- Avoid jewelry that rattles, clicks and clanks such as multiple bracelets or long necklaces. These noises tend to be picked up by the microphone, causing distracting noise.

- If wearing accessories (like scarves), choose those with subtle patterns.​

How do I sign up?

Please fill out the Doodle on your availability:  https://doodle.com/poll/ifdkf4nsrz9df324 by MONDAY, FEB 29 at MIDNIGHT.

The Doodle will also ask for your full name and email, so we can confirm your time. Please fill out ALL the times you are available, and you will be contacted with a 15 minute time slot.

Questions?

Contact David Zimmerman at dzimmerm at stevens.edu<mailto:dzimmerm at stevens.edu>