[Choir] SUN DEC. 4 - CAROL SING; PARTS LINKS

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 20 14:20:07 EST 2016

Dear All,

Please don't forget that in addition to our upcoming Fall Concert on Saturday Dec. 10  (final rehearsal: that afternoon; 2:00-5:00; details TBA), we also have:

Sunday Dec. 4: Carol Sing at St. Matthew's, 8th & Hudson. 6:30 call, 7:30 start.

At the Sing, we'll be leading carols (if you're a Christmas caroling fan, this is your event!). Mostly this will be with piano, and you can each sing harmony or melody as you wish (we'll be using sheet music provided by St. Matt's).

TWO EXCEPTIONS:

1. The "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's MESSIAH - we'll be closing with this, and will be joined by organ, brass & percussion. I'll be squeezing in a little parts work on it in the week prior to the sing, but as you know, our time is very tight. If you don't already know the piece cold, please check out the following:

?

FULL CHORUS -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YaGwI7GjlA

SOPRANO PART emphasized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUE0gz8lsPk

ALTO PART emphasized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxcCm0b-TwA

TENOR PART emphasized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarsJcPeQvU

BASS PART emphasized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-6Egm_cJ4

Cyberbass.com also has the HC, of course, but in this case I'd say YouTube is superior. Still, if you want to do Cyberbass,- the HC is in Part II (of the MESSIAH), #44 -

http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Handel_GF/Handel_Messiah.htm

2. "Carol of the Bells" will involve some instruments and simple parts singing. A clear rendition is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJx-Fnsr90

And parts are here:

SOPRANO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXhqgtCAmI