[Choir] Sing for Santa w/the NJ Devils - 12/20

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 20 18:17:57 EST 2016

Dear Choir,

Last week I received an invitation to bring the Choir to a "Sing for Santa" event at a New Jersey Devils game on Tuesday 12/20.

I wrote back that although Choir is done for the semester by then, individual members may be interested in participating. I should hear very soon whether or not the organizers will give a thumb's-up to that idea.

In the meantime:

TWO THINGS YOU NEED TO DO if you're interested -

First, read the details below. If you're still interested after that, LET ME KNOW, and do it in writing. I would have to give my contact there a number of singers to expect, and coordinate ticketing.

Our Sing For Santa event allows choirs from the Tri-State area sing holiday carols through our intermission and pregame periods throughout the game. Attached are details regarding our Inaugural Sing for Santa Night along with an example of a flyer we would be able to produce for you.

Understanding 12/20 is a quick turnaround and in the spirit of the holidays, we will be able to provide free tickets for all choir and instructors to the game, with the expectation that they will collect orders from friends, family, etc.

SING FOR SANTA with the NEW JERSEY DEVILS -

Sing for Santa Event Information Page

This page is in an effort to clear up any questions regarding the night. ?

Where? The "Sing for Santa" event is taking place at Prudential Center o 25 Lafayette Street, Newark, NJ 07102

Drop Off: Corner of Lafayette Street and Mulberry Street

Parking: Available for free in Military Park

When: Tuesday , December 20th

What should we do when we arrive?: Please enter the Lafayette Tower, on the corner of Lafayette Street and Mulberry Street ? Head to the Group Events Redemption Table outside of Section 19 to pick up your Santa Hat

Please make sure students sit in the specific seat that has been assigned to them. ? Each student must stay in their seat for the duration of the pregame and intermissions

How long is the game? ? About two and a half hours - should be over around 9:30p

Sing for Santa Logistics

? Check-in 5:30p in Lafayette Tower

? Doors open at 6:00p

? Santa Hat pick-up closes at 6:15p (outside Section 19)

? Game starts at 7:00p

? All attendees require a ticket Pre-Game

? Please be in your seats by 6:30pm

? Our emcee will announce the singing of each song

? All choirs sing in unison

First Intermission

? Please be in your seats with 5 minutes left to play in the first period

? Be prepared to sing by the 10 minute mark of the intermission (subject to change)

? All choirs sing in unison

Second Intermission

? Please be in your seats with 5 minutes left to play in the second period

? Be prepared to sing by the 10 minute mark of the intermission (subject to change)

? All choirs sing in unison

Third Period

? Enjoy the game, cheer on the Devils to win!

End of Game

? Head over to Section 15

? A Devils representative will gather all students and teachers and bring them down onto the ice for a post-game photo