[Choir] CANTATA - MP3

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:00:29 EDT 2016

Dear Choir,

Below is a link to an MP3 of the "Cantata for 9/11;" further below are timing markers for the various sections of the piece.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72WY9x4N47-cDJYSVRJWmxOMW8/view?usp=sharing

A few things about this:  it's not at the level of cyberbass.com's choral midis - the parts can't be split out, for technical reasons I barely understand myself so won't attempt to get into. And, it has the usual "midi" sound - in this case, the accompaniment vs. voices are given what sound roughly like different organ timbres.

That said, this CAN provide a good working idea of how the piece hangs together, especially if you're following along in your score.

James starts the MP3 at measure 17, where the Choral Score most of you have starts, omitting the opening solo section. He also omits one other section (again, matching the choral score) - measures 166-178 (this is the Longfellow poem over keyboard - no choir).

SECTION MARKERS

I did timings for the various sections, so you can go directly to the specific choral parts:

?MEASURES
        ?SECTION
        ?TMING

?1-16