[Choir] Solo recitative auditions, MESSIAH

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Wed Nov 8 21:06:38 EST 2017

Dear All,

This is for those of you interested in the tenor recitative preceding "He Trusted in God" and the several soprano recitatives preceding "Glory to God" (for 1 to 4 sopranos).

I'll be hearing auditions for these next Monday 11/13 a half hour before and a half hour after Choir, and Tuesday 11/14 from 5-6pm.

If you wish to audition and can't do any of those times, please let me know ASAP.

I'm very happy to hear anyone on these. Requirements: learn the notes and be ready to convince me you can do them in concert! There are lots of YouTube performances, and the scores are of course in the Music Room.

Soprano recitatives:

There were shepherds abiding in the field, p. 79

And lo, the angel... p. 79

And the angel said... p.80

And suddenly... p. 81

Tenor recitative: