[Choir] Choir call, other, for this Sunday 12/3

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Wed Nov 29 16:37:08 EST 2017

Dear Choir!

Here are the details for this coming Sunday's MESSIAH Sing at St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church (corner of 8th & Hudson):

- BRING YOUR SCORE. Please get it from the Music Room, bring it with you, and be very sure to also take it away with you after the event.

- CALL TIME: Please be present and ready to warm up by 6:15.

        ?Not just arriving at 6:15. Ready to sing at 6:15.

- WEAR REASONABLY NICE CLOTHING. We are representing Stevens at this event. Please avoid blue jeans unless they are VERY respectable looking (not wrinkled, faded, ripped etc.), shirts with print/graphics, loud shoes, etc. Wear what you might choose if you were going out to a fancy restaurant (think dress code) with people you want to think well of you. No need for tuxes and gowns, but nice slacks/skirts/dresses and nice shirts/blouses/sweaters/jackets are a good idea.

- LAYERS ARE WISE. The temperature in St. Matt's can be on the unpredictable side.

- NO PHONES DURING THE EVENT, please (for instance, when soloists are performing). They are rude. I know most of you don't need this admonition, but just in case.

- COME HAVE COOKIES DOWNSTAIRS AFTERWARDS! ?There will be a reception, courtesy of the Church and its music director and organist, Richard Brode. He will be playing for us on the "Hallelujah Chorus," and deserves our thanks for the various things he does in support of this event, so please don't hesitate to give him a thank you. :-)

- INVITE FRIENDS! This event is both concert and singalong, and it's free. No one in the audience has to sing, but scores will be provided for those who do. Especially if anyone knows MESSIAH choruses - even if it's just the "Hallelujah Chorus" - they may have a very good time! Our "curtain time" is 7:00pm.

See most of you tomorrow night in the Music Room -

Cheers,

Stage Director/Teacher, DeBaun Shakespeare & Summer Theatre Projects