[Choir] SATURDAY CHOIR TECH & CONCERT - CALL TIMES

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Dec 6 16:15:54 EST 2018

Dear Choir!

Following are all the call times you need to know about for our Fall Concert, just two days from now on Saturday 12/8.

Please be SLIGHTLY EARLY for your calls. "On time," in the world of performance,  means onstage with music in hand ready to work, not just rushing in the door. You rush in the door early, so you can be ready to work on time.

When members are late our rehearsal of necessity tends to have to go late as well, so please be courteous to the full team and take the above to heart.

Do be ready to be flexible in case things take more time than is estimated below.

Special note to new members: courtesy of Carl Russell, outfits are hemmed and hanging up backstage at DeBaun. Please fetch them at tonight's rehearsal if you can (be sure to check the tag for your name/initials!) as space is limited and the Jazz Band performs tomorrow evening.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON TECH:

2:45 - SOLOISTS: Dana, then Emily Renjilian, then the "Erlkonig" team

3:10 - POETRY READERS - Margaret & Liz; then Alex & Izzy (at 3:20 sharp), to work on mics

3:25 - FULL CHOIR. No outfits needed for the afternoon.

We will go through the full concert, though we won't sing all of every piece. Focus will be on musical reminders and on logistics - processing on & offstage, and moving from one thing to the next swiftly and gracefully.

4:45 - PRESIDENT'S ENSEMBLE (presumably, you'll break around 5pm) / Choir dismissed

EVENING CALLS

7:00 ONSTAGE - fully dressed (outfits). Unless you are a commuter, please don't wait to arrive at DeBaun to get into your Choir outfit. There just isn't enough room backstage for that many people to dress.

7:30 - House opens (we must be off the stage)

8:00 - CONCERT STARTS

Our concerts generally last a little under 1.5 hours.

RUNNING ORDER:

  1.  Double Trouble
  2.  Poetry reading: Dirait-on (Liz Bottoni, Margaret Carroll)
  3.  Dirait-on
  4.  Home (Dana McGuire)
  5.  O magnum mysterium
  6.  Dravidian Dithyramb
  7.  Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho
  8.  Rusalka's Song to the Moon (Emily Renjliian)
  9.  The Human Heart (President's Ensemble)(those of you not in Choir this semester should be dressed in Choir outfits or your own tux. Excepting Derek the BLESS YOU FOR TURNING PAGES Man, please sit in the front audience row near the stairs to the stage and be ready to come right up. PS - Please join us for "Witness" at the end of the concert if you know it!)
  10. The Terrible Tale of Tom Gilligan
  11. Zombie Sing Prety Song 4 You
  12. Erlkonig (Paul Reilly, Anthony Campesi, Dan Monroy, Nathan Moore)
  13. Poetry reading: Herrick poems (Alex Markoulis, Izzy Joyce)
  14. Spells of Herrick
  15. May It Be
  16. Witness

Looking forward!

Stage Director/Teacher, DeBaun Shakespeare & Summer Theatre Projects