[Choir] Stevens making Sat 5/5, our concert date, a Thursday

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 19 23:14:03 EDT 2018

Dear Choir!

Stevens has decided to run a Thursday schedule on Saturday 5/5. If you are unaware of this and other changes that happened in the wake of Snow Day #2, DO go look at the school calendar.

Saturday 5/5 is our Spring Choir Concert date. 7pm call, 8pm concert; tech during the afternoon roughly 3-5.

SO!

Plan A: everyone with a Thursday evening class - is it possible to explain the situation to your professor, and ask to be released early? "Possible" means both that you yourself feel ok about missing part of your class, and that your professor is someone you feel you can speak to about this.

It might help to grab a DeBaun brochure or concert sleeve to show them what you're talking about. Many professors at Stevens know little to nothing about the school's arts programs.

I need to know if it is not possible for you to make this request of your teacher. I also need to know if you do ask and are told you must come to class.

Please do not wait on this. Plan B is better than losing people, but I have to have the information.

I trust it's understood that if you have a regular Thursday conflict that is NOT a class, that under these circumstances Choir takes precedence.

Plan B: we just start later, so everyone with an evening class can race over immediately afterwards. Those in Thursday night classes would probably need to wear their concert outfits to class, and we'd shoot for starting the concert somewhere between 9:15 & 9:30, after the full choir gets a quick warm-up. It will be about an hour long.

Plan C for concert: we shift entirely to Sunday 5/6.

AFTERNOON TECH: If you have a Thursday class roughly 3-5, please find out if you can miss all or part of it. The time may shift to 4-6 or something else...this will have to do with how many people are forced to be out during which hours. I may even need to do a doodle poll or some such thing. / If we shift over to Sunday, tech would probably be 3-5.

Stage Director/Teacher, DeBaun Shakespeare & Summer Theatre Projects