[Choir] Canceling Choir / "Addams"

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 12 11:26:39 EDT 2020

Dear All,

It is with GREAT regret that I announce I must cancel Choir this evening. I've come down with something. Normally I just apply over-the-counter drugs and lots of coffee and get on with my day (unless I seem to be contagious, of course), but we are not in normal circumstances.

SO.

As of last Thursday we're in decent shape for this point in the semester, with several pieces at or near performance level and most of the hardest ones past the "learn the notes" stage and ready for deeper work. I may send around some videos to help keep your memory fresh - DO listen to "Jabberwocky" some over break, in particular. We want that one off book.

Before I sign off, I want to be sure to give a shout-out to the choir members in "The Addams Family."

I had the delightful experience of attending the run on Tuesday, and what a wonderfully fun show it is. I know efforts are underway to save the production from the coronavirus ax, in some way or other, and I devoutly hope for success on that front. Everyone involved deserves it.

Finally, please note that Choir is NOT closed down for the semester - I'm canceling just this one rehearsal.

Take good care, everyone, and enjoy your break!

Cheers,

Stage Director/Teacher, DeBaun Shakespeare & Summer Theatre Projects