[JazzBand] Orchestra starting Sept 15

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 15 13:39:21 EDT 2009

HI Everyone,

First, my apologies to those also in concert band that have already received
this notice.

This year, in addition to our concert band, jazz band, and multiple
ensembles, we are trying to start an orchestra. We will have our first
meeting tonight, Tuesday, September 15th, starting at 6pm in the Music Room.

If you are interested in the orchestra and available on Tuesday evenings, we
welcome you to come out. Please note that the orchestra and jazz band
rehearsals will not conflict, so you can be in both if your time allows.
Also, the orchestra will not perform this semester, but will perform next
semester at the end of February, so there won't be a crunch time learning
music in November/December for two groups. We do not want this addition of
an orchestra to over-extend the schedules or the student musicians or make
them choose one group of the other. We hope this will be an extension of
musical experiences that we offer, and those interested can participate.

Any questions, let me know. Also, if you are interested but for some reason
you cannot attend tonight's rehearsal, then let me know.

THANKS!

-Dave

David Zimmerman, Executive Director

DeBaun Center for Performing Arts

Stevens Institute of Technology

Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ  07030

Ph: 201-216-5111   Fx: 201-216-5514

david.zimmerman at stevens.edu

www.stevens.edu/performingarts

www.debaun.org