[JazzBand] Friday night

David Zimmerman dzimmerm at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:02:53 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank you in advance for performing tomorrow night at the
Freshmen Parent's Weekend Reception. We have been asked to play for a number
of years, and it is always an honor to do so.not to mention a lot of fun!

As Jerry announced, equipment and instruments will be moved starting at
3:30pm, meeting in the Music Room. We have borrowed the Residence Life van
to help move stuff to Walker. You should be tuned and in your seats at 5pm
in case they ask us to start early.

Please remember to dress appropriately (black pants, black socks, black
shoes, white shirts) and Stevens ties will be given out in the Music Room
and at Walker Gym (for those who have late classes and Co-op) It may be a
little cool, so I've asked for heaters, but feel free to bring a dark
jacket/sweater with you as well. The DeBaun staff will be bringing lights as
well, in case it gets hard to read your music as the sun sets behind Kidde.

Also, please remember to ACT appropriately at this event. There is no
running in and out of the band for drinks, or grabbing food from waiters who
are passing appetizers, or talking to your friends and family instead of
focusing on the group and the music. You are not only representing the
department, but representing Stevens. Please act appropriately.

You will play for a little over an hour, and then you'll be done - only one
set. There will be plenty to eat and drink when you are done playing, too -
I'll make sure of that. Then, after you get something to eat, we'll move
everything back up to the Music Room.

Thank you again, and have a great time tomorrow night!

-Dave

David Zimmerman, Executive Director

DeBaun Center for Performing Arts

Stevens Institute of Technology

Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ  07030

Ph: 201-216-5111   Fx: 201-216-5514

david.zimmerman at stevens.edu

www.stevens.edu/performingarts

www.debaun.org