[SDS] Recap of Tonight's Meeting

Frank Riccobono friccobo at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 4 00:58:14 EDT 2008

Hello All,

For those of you who could not attend tonight's meeting here are the
minutes so you can catch up on what you missed.

http://www.stevens.edu/sds/wiki/index.php?title=General_Body_Meeting_9/3/08

Important Highlights:

It was officially announced that the Fall Show will be Copenhagen by
Michael Frayn.  Auditions will be held on Monday, September 8th and
Wednesday, September 10th,with callbacks scheduled for Thursday,
September 11th.  If you would like to sign up to audition, please email
sds at stevens.edu.   Our director has asked auditioners to prepare one of
two things:
Either (1) A brief explanation of some meaningfully important scientific
concept, for a smart layman, using an extended analogy. Make it apt,
unexpected, and entertaining, or (2) a personal story of an event in
your own past, about which you are unsure today. Explore at least 2
alternatives of what happened/what may have gone through your mind. Make
it personal and truthful.  Your story or explanation should be 2 to 3
minutes long.

Also IMPORTANT: Part of my duty as vice-president requires me to keep
track of the number of shows that members have been in.  I have
recreated this list to the best of my ability here:
http://www.stevens.edu/sds/wiki/index.php?title=Show_numbers For some
people I had to guess about your involvement before my freshman year.
Please notify me or change the Wiki if this number is incorrect.  On a
related note, if I owe anyone Three-Show keys, please let me know.

Our Publicity Manager would also like to remind you that we are
accepting submissions for the SDS Logo Contest:

The Stevens Dramatic Society is sponsoring a Logo Design Contest. We
would like a new banner to be used at our events and a logo to be used
on our website
(http://www.stevens.edu/sds/).

RULES:

The banner design should fit on a 36"h x 60"w banner and the logo should
be of appropriate proportions to be used on our website. Please
incorporate "SDS" or "Stevens Dramatic Society" into the design. We want
to leave you with as much artistic freedom as possible and therefore
there are no restrictions on the colors, images, and fonts that you may use.

For some information about the society please see our About
(http://www.stevens.edu/sds/about/index.html) page as well as our
History (http://www.stevens.edu/sds/about/history1.html) page.

Please include all components of the design so that we may add to it or
edit it in the future. Layered image files are preferred.

SUBMITTING:

Please e-mail all submissions to nmalagut at stevens.edu. Note: There is a
10 MB attachment limit at Stevens. If your design approaches this size
you should place it in your personal public_html folder on storage01 and
e-mail me a link to the file. Instructions can be found on the ITWiki
(http://www.stevens.edu/itwiki/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php?title=Webspace_On_Storage01).

PRIZE:

If your design is chosen you will receive a $50 American Express gift card.

LEGALEESE:

By submitting a design you certify the following statement "I certify
that I am the author of the material I am submitting to SDS. SDS may
reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative
works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on
any media."

--
Frank Riccobono
Vice-President, SDS