[SDS] Notes about Audition Information

Frank Riccobono friccobo at stevens.edu
Mon Jan 5 23:12:04 EST 2009

Hello again all,

In light of some concerns raised over the recently released audition
information, we would like to assure that the email sent out about
auditions was meant to give as much information as possible in order to
prepare for auditions, and was in no way meant to intimidate or
discourage auditions of any kind.

Though we do encourage you to reserve a time slot in order to make
scheduling easier for us and for you, walk-ins and last minute decisions
to audition are more than welcome all three nights.  If you do not have
a headshot or an acting resume, a digital camera and blank resume forms
will be provided for you at the audition.  (For the curious, an acting
resume is no more than a list of past roles and shows.)  As in our past
auditions, no prior experience is necessary to audition, and many a
newcomer has been cast in the past few years.

Please use the character breakdowns provided as inspiration, nothing
more.  The director has provided you with some suggestions of ways you
can take each character.  Feel free to surprise him in auditions all the
same.  Though some physical descriptions of characters are included, do
not let these descriptions discourage you from auditioning for any
role.  As always, we are casting from within the student body so age is
not an issue.  We're looking to put on a great show, and we have a lot
of talented people in this society, but we're not Broadway and we're not
trying to be.

As for music, we do request that you prepare two pieces ahead of time
and come to the audition with sheet music.  If you need sheet music,
Dave Zimmerman has in the past been kind enough to allow SDS members to
make copies from his collection if requested.  In addition, Cassidy has
been kind enough to share a file of Disney sheet music and she has
uploaded that to the computer in the backstage office at DeBaun.

We hope to see you at auditions.
--
The SDS E-Board