[SDS] Assistant Director, Reading, Production and Stage Managers, and Pro-Board, Oh My!

Elizabeth Lamb elamb at stevens.edu
Fri Jul 27 12:22:53 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

It is almost August, summer is passing quickly, and the Executive Board
wants to pass some updates on to you!

Most importantly, we have selected a director and we are very excited.
After the tedious resume review, interview weekend, and discussion, we have
chosen Robert Goodman to be our director.  He hails from Miami, FL and has
a strong  artistic background specializing in film, acting, and most
importantly directing. Here is a
link<http://www.theactorsensemble.com/TheActorsEnsemble/Welcome.html>to
his website if you would like to learn more.  (He is the gentleman in
the center photo.)

Something special about Robert is that he would like to invite a student to
work as his Assistant Director.  The Executive Board is very excited about
this opportunity and this is a position we would like to keep available in
the future.  So, now the opportunity is available to you; we invite you
apply for this new position in addition to the previously mentioned
Production Manager, Stage Manager, and the remainder of the Production
Board Positions.  As a reminder the *applications for Production Manager,
Stage Manager, and Assistant Director positions will be due Monday, August
6th at 5pm*.  The remainder of the *Production Board Positions applications
will be due Monday, August 20th, also at 5pm *(Lighting Designer, Master
Electrician, Sound Designer, Set Designer, Master Artisan, Master
Carpenter, Costume and Make-Up Designer, Properties Manager, and House
Manager).  Additionally, we will be allowing people to audition with a
pending application for a Production Board position; however, the
application must be submitted by the deadline. The Production Manager will
be finalizing the decision after casting has been completed.  So, please
submit an application or contact the Executive Board if you are interested.

After speaking with Robert again last night, he made a suggestion as to how
we can get the ball rolling with our fall production.  He would like to
arrange a reading of *Murdered to Death* open to anyone available before
the semester starts, whether you are auditioning or not, alumni or current
student.  We plan to host this event in the week after the Production
Manager, Stage Manager, and Assistant Director have been selected (After
the 6th of August).

Finally, scripts have arrived; if anyone would like to peruse a copy please
contact us and we will be happy to give you time in the office to read
through it.

Any other questions please contact the alias <sds at stevens.edu>. Happy
Summer!

 Best,