[SDS] GBM 3/21 and Show Packets

Elizabeth Lamb elamb at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 22 02:09:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

To begin with, I would like to thank all the people who attended our
meeting tonight.  We thrive and grow as a society when we have discussion
and an active general body.

To fill in all the people that were not at the meeting tonight we went over
plans for *Load-In *this Sunday and the "*Show Packet*."

We expect to see everyone as planned *Sunday at 9AM for Load-In at the
Theater*, it will be a great day to get a good amount of building done and
to get *free breakfast. * I have always found it to be a great time with
friends learning not to kill yourself with power tools. And there is a task
for everyone, but make sure you check in with the work head to ensure
safety.

The Show Packet is a compilation of most information you could ever
possibly think to ask or inquire about.  It has been created by our lovely
Production and Publicity Manager, Emily Hromada.  Her and the rest of the
Production Board's contact information are included in the packet as well
as the deadlines for bios, ads, and everything else.  New this year we will
employ "*Ad Teams*," that will receive different* rewards* based on
participation, like *free cast party admittance and free T-Shirts*, so make
sure you read up on that section.  The breakdown of the teams can be found
several places, in the google document and also in the Show Packet.
Everybody, lets get in the competitive spirit and work to get 200 people at
every night of the show, like our greatest agreed upon goal.  Another
important publicity development will be called "Billying."  Basically, an
interviewer and film crew will ask people around Hoboken and campus to
spell words.  If correct they will get free tickets and the video will be
posted online.  Join the DuckSync committee, *
https://orgsync.com/45833/committees .
*
Also discussed in the meeting was the opportunity to usher for the show and
to table sit.  We are always looking for people to partake in these tasks.
If you are interested in *ushering* please contact your House Manager,
myself, and if you would like to* table sit* please use the link provided
to sign up. *
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApE9WlISLVYfdHQtX0lGRkFESUZpd0VDZmVkYkVib2c
*

We are also looking for a *xylophone* and a *vibraphone* for the pit band,
if you have a means of providing these items please let us know.

As a reminder the *Budgetary meeting will be Saturday in E130 at 11:30 AM*,
immediately followed by the *Constitution and Bylaws meeting at 12:30 PM*.

If you have interest in the *Acting or Teching Workshops* please contact
Colin Gliech or Will Renninger.

Symposia is still accepting applications for *Puppeteering* so send an
email quickly to Carmen Rusu at carpathian_air at yahoo.com. You can find more
information about them on their website: www.puppetonia.com .

Finally, we will be partnering with APO to offer a *"Senior's Night"* and
by that I really mean we are donating tickets to a community event
supporting the older folks of Hoboken.  APO is providing a dinner social
followed by our own production and their main entertainment of the night, *25th
Annual Putnam Country Spelling Bee*.

I hope you are all as excited as I am as we pick-up momentum and start our
show.  Wishing you all the best.

Best,
Liz

--