[SDS] GBM Minutes from 9/5/12 and Key Info

Elizabeth Lamb elamb at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 6 17:56:22 EDT 2012

Salutations,

Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting last night, it was exciting to
see so many new faces!  This is the time where I send you notes of the
meeting last night so that you can review them in all your free time.
Also, I have a few points to heighlight again and a few new ones to bring
up.

*Audition Information*
*Auditions for Murdered to Death will be held tonight and Friday at 9PM
until 11PM.*  Tonight, auditions will be held in E330 and tomorrow in the
DeBaun Center for Performing Arts.  For auditions it is recommended that
you sign-up in advance; however, walk-ins are also welcome.  You may
sign-up by emailing the Production Manager, Lauren Harpst, for a time slot
at lph4852 at gmail.com.  Because walk-ins are welcome we ask you to please
arrive 5 minutes before your time slot or we might move on to the next
available auditionee for the sake of efficiency.  Please note that
regardless of the turn-out, everyone will be auditioned and no one turned
away. We suggest you wear business causal attire or 1930s Period Dress if
that "suits" your fancy.  Also be prepared to read sides of the script and
if possible prepare a short monologue, though it is not required.
Head-shots and resumes are also welcomed, but also not required.  Callbacks
will be announced after all auditions have been completed and will be held
Saturday afternoon if needed.  The auditiond schedule is also attached to
this email.

*Production Board*
We are still accepting applications for the Production Board of the Fall
Play.  The deadline for these applications will be Friday 11PM, thus you
may bring your Pro-Board application with you when you come to audition for
the show.  We are looking for people to fill the positions of  Lighting
Designer, Master Electrician, Sound Designer, Set Designer, Master Artisan,
Master Carpenter, Costume and Make-Up Designer, Properties Manager, and
House Manager.  If you are interested in any of these fields please submit
an application or contact the Production Manager, Lauren Harpst.  Digital
copies of these applications can be found attached to this email and hard
copies will also be available to pick-up at the Clubs Fair and GBM.  These
applications can be submitted at the General Body Meeting, during SDS
office hours, at Auditions, or electronically to the alias.

*Video Advertisement Project
*We plan to make a video advertisement for the Society in a collaboration
project with SITTV after One Act Festival has been completed.  There will
be an opportunity to design a story board, write the screen-play, act in
the commercial, choose the soundtrack, and help edit the footage. The
Publicity Manager, Colin Gliech, will be orchestrating this project, so
please feel free to contact him though the alias about involvement.
*
Acting and Technical Workshops*

New this semester, the Stevens Dramatic Society is hosting Workshops to
further our education. These Workshop will be part of a series with others
to be announced shortly.  Currently, Dr. Bethany Reeves, Stevens professor
and choir director, has agreed to host an *Acting Workshop on
September 22 *held
in the Ondrick Music Room.  To follow are blurbs about the opportunities to
work with Dr. Reeves this semester.  There will also be a *Technical
workshop on September 29 focusing on Scenic and Lighting
Design*techniques, held by one of the three men who runs the DeBaun
Center for
Performing Arts, Carl Russell.

*Rocky Horror Picture Show - Shadow Cast
*
Its nearly time to Audition for the *Rocky Horror Picture Show *- Shadow
Cast too.  Annually, the Stevens Dramatic Society sponsors a Shadow Cast of
the Movie, where the movie is played and actors in costume mime the movie
in front of the screen.  It is always a thrill to be a part of and everyone
who attends has a good time.  *Auditions for this show will be the 24th and
25th of September at 9PM and show nights are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of
November.*

*Table Sitting Committee
*

In order to expand our outreach to the student body, SDS is implementing a
Table Sitting Committee!  The Committee will be in charge of table sitting
outside of Pierce lunch hours during the week of an event to advertise.
 Table sitting is a great way to remind people about an event in a way that
posters and emails can't.  If you are interested in being on the committee,
please email the alias and we can get it started.
*
House Managing Opportunity*
The show is *Romeo and Juliet as Told by 4 Catholic School Boys*. Hilarious!
It is at Shetler Studio, above studio 54. The shows needs people for are
September 14 at 6PM, 15th at 12PM, and 16th at1PM. The show starts 2 hours
later than the listed call times. Lauren Harpst would travel with you so
that no one gets lost. You will receive a free ticket for working the show.
Your responsibilities would be to take tickets, count patrons and take
charge of crowd control in an emergency situation. Be aware this will take
place during One Acts. Email lph4852 at gmail.com to seize this opportunity.

Thanks for reading it all!

Best,
Liz