[SDS] Avenue Q: All Hands On Deck!

Natalie Barillaro nbarilla at stevens.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:33:55 EDT 2016

Top of the morning to the finest crew I ever did see. This is your First
Mate speaking.

We are now eight days away from opening. Wait a second, is this thing on?
...Let me try again.

We are now eight days away from opening

...Much better! Do I have your attention now? Good. We don't have much time
to get this ship in shape before April 7, which means that I am putting out
an APB (or whatever is the seafaring equivalent). That's right, folks: this
is an *All Hands on Deck *situation.

"But Natalie, what can I do to help?" (This is the mindset you should be
having right now). I'm glad you asked, sailor! I have here a very
comprehensive list of ways you can support this show. Read on for more
information.

*Publicity*

*Tablesitting*
If you are interested in sitting at a table outside of Pierce and telling
people to come see our show, the sign up form is here
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/spreadsheets/d/1oE8g0HTvmInju2uepn28_u_Op0MzVvvEVLgXpion034/edit?usp=sharing>!
Sign up for as many spots as you can; we want to start getting people
excited to see this show! And it starts with you! Charles will be drawing
up some handouts you can, well, hand out, while you're sitting there.

*Social Media*
Push push push our Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/880185712078681/>. Remind people that this
show is FREE with Stevens Student ID.
Also, be sure to follow us on instagram (sds_1910) and twitter (sds1910).
Charles is gonna be posting some exclusive backstage footage, and it's
gonna be good.

*Chalking up Campus*
Resident mom Elizabeth Lamb found us some chalk; we're gonna be using it
all over campus to get people to come. If you wanna draw on some sidewalks,
talk to Charles!

*FRIDAY CREW CALL*
4/1 2 PM TO ????
(The hottest party this weekend)
Katie Brown will be in the theatre working on all the last minute touches
and you should help!
Tasks include:

   - Painting brick patterns onto the buildings
   - Painting the doors
   - Creating windows and "installing" them
   - Building a fence
   - Adding molding to the windows
   - All the things to make the set look pretty!!!!!!
   - All the things I can't think of off the top of my head!!!!!!!

Anything not completed will carry over into another crew call Saturday Morning
TBD!!!

Let's work together to make this set something to be proud of.

*Showtime Crew Opportunities*
This show requires a HUGE amount of crew, to move set pieces and wrangle
puppets and do all kinds of awesome stuff in-house and backstage. Check out
this list from your Captain, Ian DiGuilio:

Tech dates:

   - Monday 3/28 9pm - 11:59pm
   - Tuesday 3/29 9pm - 11:59pm
   - Wednesday 3/30 9pm - 11:59pm
   - Thursday 3/31 9pm - 11:59pm
   - Saturday 4/2 3pm - 9pm
   - Sunday 4/3 11am - 5pm
   - Monday 4/4 8pm - 11pm
   - Tuesday 4/5 8pm - 11pm
   - Wednesday 4/6 8pm - 11pm
   - 4/7, 4/8, 4/9 Performances!!!
   - ***All of these dates and times are on the rehearsal calendar located
   at stevens.edu/sds

Jobs to be filled:

   - Stage Hands (moving scenic flats, prepping scene changes, setting
   props, etc.)
   - Follow Spot operators (working the spotlights and making fun and crazy
   movements)
   - Puppet Wranglers (assist actors with puppets when offstage and assist
   in quick changes and move-arounds)
   - House staff (work with Noelle Scanno [nscanno at stevens.edu] to keep the
   peace and keep them crazy students and parents in line, also raffle)
   - Other miscellaneous tasks

If you are interested in any of these positions, please email
idiguili at stevens.edu ASAP. (Like Now).

Additionally, if you've got the time this weekend check out *MMM's
production of Robin Hood: Men in Tights*! They've been working hard and I
can't wait to see what they've done. Deets can be found HERE
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1579844632334432/>

This is it, everyone. We are at the home stretch. Everything comes down to
these last eight days, and then it is Showtime. Get excited. Get down to
business. Get me a Dunkin' Donuts large iced tea with lemon and sugar oh my
god i am falling asleep

See you all this week!

I am, as I ever was, and ever shall be
Yours,

Natalie Barillaro
Stevens Institute of Technology Co-op '17
Computer Science Major
Vice President, Stevens Dramatic Society Spring 2016
Arts and Music Subcommittee Head, 2016
Stevens Student Ambassador, Tour Guide