[SDS] You're Invited!

Ayse Akin aakin at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 27 16:34:22 EDT 2016

You're invited to SDS's first (and hopefully annual) *Show & Tell!*

Yes. You read right, we are going to be putting on a show and tell this
semester.

*What is Show & Tell?*

This isn't your run-of-the-mill Show and Tell you had back in kindergarten.
This Show and Tell is the event of the year where you get to show off just
how talented you are to the society!
You can present ANYTHING your heart desires! (Poetry, monologues, scenes,
music, etc) We want everyone to sign up to perform, regardless of whether
or not you have anything in mind to perform. We will work with you, if need
be, to plan something to show and/or form a group with other people. Also,
as an incentive, this *WILL* *fulfill a GBM requirement*! As a reminder,
one of our membership requirements is that you must attend at least 2 out
of the past 4 GBMs.

Unfortunately, we did not get a large response from the society about
performing a smaller show next month. As a result, the E-Board looked into
our other options because we want everyone to feel involved in the society!

Here are some steps if you want to participate; we *HIGHLY *encourage
everyone to participate!!

   - Fill out this form <https://goo.gl/forms/8tXV164CU49i5rdI2> if you
   would like to participate or even if you would just like to attend.
   - We will have practice sessions where everyone can get together to
   practice and give helpful feedback to each other. We are going to be asking
   alumni to attend, as well.
   - At the moment, there is no hard deadline, but there will be more news
   on that at our next GBM. *The earlier you sign up, the easier it will be
   for the E-Board to plan the night.*
   - *WE WILL HAVE FOOD AND DRINKS.*

*The event will occur on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 from 9 - 11 PM in EAS
222.*

We will not be widely advertising this show because we believe it should be
something just for SDS. The purpose of this Show & Tell is not necessarily
to put something on for someone else but to put on something we each will
enjoy together. However, please do feel free to bring your friends because
friends are wonderful!

Ayse Akin
Stevens Institute of Technology
Computer Science Co-op '19
Stevens Dramatic Society, Vice President
Sigma Delta Tau - Delta Nu Chapter