[SDS] Welcome Back - Spring Updates

Ayse Akin aakin at stevens.edu
Thu Jan 19 23:00:49 EST 2017

Welcome back to the new semester!!

I hope you've had a fantastic first two days and now, here are some updates
for the upcoming semester!

*Spring Musical*
*Auditions *for the spring musical are next week - *Thursday, January 26th
& Friday, January 27th *from 7PM until 11PM each night in the Calder room
(Howe Center, 3rd floor). *Callbacks *will be on *Saturday, January 28th *from
9AM - 1PM in Jacobus Dance Studio (Basement of Jacobus).
If you would like to audition, please come prepared with at least 16-32
bars of a song in similar style to *Into the Woods*. If you need any help
and would like to look through song books, please feel free to contact
Bethany Reeves in the music room located in Howe - fourth floor.

Additionally, same as last semester, if you would like to audition for the
musical, please fill out this doodle
<http://doodle.com/poll/bi3ps62u7vc4u6e7>. You are still allowed to walk
in, but this will make sure you have a definite time slot and will not have
to wait depending on other people.

For those *NOT in Twelfth Night*, if you would like to audition, please try
to sign up for a time slot on Friday!

*~If there are no signups after 10PM and no walk-ins by that point,
auditions will close for the night~*

*GBM*
Our first GBM of the semester will be happening *NEXT WEDNESDAY,*

*JANUARY 25th @9PM in EAS 230*

We will be talking about the upcoming semester as well as giving more
information and tips for those who are auditioning for the spring musical.

*Vagina Monologues*
Please read the information below regarding the annual *Vagina Monologues*!

> Auditions for the ANNUAL READING of The Vagina Monologues
>
> AUDITION DATES:
> Wednesday, January 25, 2017 from 1-4pm
> Ondrick Music Room, 4th Floor of Howe Center
> and
> Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 8-10PM
> Conference Room, 3rd floor of Schaefer Athletic Center

> PERFORMANCE DETAILS:
> Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 9PM at DeBaun Auditorium
> (Technical rehearsal on Feb. 22 at 9PM)

> This year’s reading will be directed by Elizabeth Lamb. The monologues are
> read, not memorized.

Audition materials are available by email. For audition materials, or if
> you cannot make the above audition dates/times but wish to participate,
> please contact Liz Lamb: elamb at stevens.edu

> Presented by DeBaun PAC, in cooperation with the Women’s Fencing Team and
> College of Arts & Letters

Can't wait to see you all next Wednesday!!

Ayse Akin
Stevens Institute of Technology
Computer Science Co-op 2019
Stevens Dramatic Society, Vice President
Sigma Delta Tau - Delta Nu Chapter, Assistant New Member Educator
Stevens Women in Computer Science, Public Relations