[SDS] Virtual Cabaret Updates

Charles S Beall cbeall at stevens.edu
Fri Jun 19 20:08:05 EDT 2020

Hello all! Hope you are having a good Juneteenth.

I am reaching out with some updates to the Virtual Cabaret. As an Eboard, we’ve decided to postpone our Cabaret until the middle to end of July, and change up the theme. To open this up to more people, we are broadening the event into more of an open-mic night, where you can perform pretty much anything you’d like! With this change, we hope to invite students from other performing arts groups to participate, as well as SDS alumni.

In addition, we are also changing the fundraising aspect. In light of the continued police brutality and a reopening of the wounds caused by systemic racism in the US, we want to continue fighting against these negative forces, and continue supporting the Black community. Therefore, this virtual open-mic night will be a fundraiser for the Broadway Advocacy Coalition, which aims to create more opportunities for Black and minority artists, and use these opportunities to promote social change. For more information on this organization, you can check out their website here<https://www.bwayadvocacycoalition.org/>.

I think I covered all the updates, so with all that in mind, here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJxi52_WMWHYM6B7cgR6dYjo-KrreMgxPOfAuusPU_RiuLzw/viewform?usp=sf_link> is the form to sign up. It’s slightly edited to reflect the broadening of the event, but if you have already signed up you don’t need to fill it out again (unless you’d like to change your song choice). And of course if you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at SDS at stevens.edu<mailto:SDS at stevens.edu>, or me personally at cbeall at stevens.edu<mailto:cbeall at stevens.edu>.

Thank you for your patience as we continue working out the details for this event. With bringing in more groups, the Eboard and I are increasingly excited for this virtual Cabaret/Open Mic Night, and we hope to have a great time with you all later next month!

All the best,

-Charlie

Charles Beall
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.S. Physics '23
Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President