[SDS] GBM 3 & Information on JMAL Nominations!!!

Charles S Beall cbeall at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 1 16:48:39 EST 2020

Happy November SDS!

Thank you to all who tuned into the Halloween Open Mic yesterday! Great job to all the performers, and special shoutout to MALs Mat Nagle and Derek Petti for organizing and hosting this great event! If you didn't get to see it live, you can still watch the event here<https://youtu.be/IuLNdKh5_M8>.

Next up on the SDS Calendar is GBM 3, which will be this coming Wednesday, November 4th, at 9pm! Here is the Zoom link to join (I'll be sending this link out again closer to the event, but here it is now for your reference!): https://stevens.zoom.us/j/92716363538
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting<https://stevens.zoom.us/j/92716363538>
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.
stevens.zoom.us
At this meeting, we will be opening nominations for the Society's Junior Member-at-Large (JMAL), an Executive Board position that will be vacant at the end of this semester. The SDS Bylaws dictate that any nominee must be a member of the Society, and the SDS Constitution defines a member to be a Stevens student who has attended two of the previous four General Body Meetings, and has contributed ten hours of work to one of the last three SDS productions. Due to the unusual nature of this semester--which has seen several smaller productions with smaller casts & crews, along with the inability to hold events like Ad Day and Load-In that allow many people not in the cast or crew to make at least ten hours of contributions--these requirements for membership have been more difficult to meet. Thus, at the meeting, the Eboard and I will be proposing the following amendment of Article I, Section 1 of the Bylaws (highlighted in green):
ARTICLE I: Nominations and Elections

Section 1 Requirements of Nominees

  1.  Anyone running for an office must not have resigned from any other Executive Board position in the same semester in which they receive a nomination for another position.

  1.  Nominees for offices must be members of the Society.

  *   Additional nominees for offices may be considered given they have been present at least two (2) of the previous four (4) general body meetings. Excusals from meetings will not count towards this tally. This amendment shall be valid for the Fall 2020 semester only.

Only current SDS members will be allowed to vote on this amendment of the Bylaws, and if we have a two-thirds membership vote at the GBM, then it will go into effect. Here is a link to the SDS Membership Sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137-BWi8fPtWZi1z7xnff6HIgYIUyYC__SoeCd-Y6cfY/edit?usp=sharing>, where you can check your membership status and past attendance at meetings.

If you have any questions, please email us at SDS at stevens.edu or me personally at cbeall at stevens.edu. Looking forward to seeing you all at GBM 3 this Wednesday, especially if you are thinking about running for JMAL!

All the best,
-Charlie

Charles Beall

Stevens Institute of Technology

B.S. Physics '23

Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President