[SDS] GBM #3/Nominations WEDNESDAY @ 9PM!

Charles S Beall cbeall at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 4 19:39:35 EDT 2021

Hello all! Hope you have enjoyed the extended weekend. Happy Easter and Passover to all who celebrate!

SDS will be having its 3rd GBM of this semester this Wednesday, April 7th at 9pm. Here is the Zoom link to attend: https://stevens.zoom.us/j/5748915261.

There are two main topics of discussion at the meeting, both relating to next year. First, we will open the nomination period for Eboard positions next year! There are some rules that go with nominations, and we will be explaining them at the meeting, but if you would like to check them for yourself, or see the duties of each Eboard position, you can look at our Constitution & Bylaws in the public SDS Drive folder<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BymGYY2IUMDyZTRXTnZBX2FkWlU?usp=sharing>. Also in that Drive folder you can find the membership sheet, which will tell you whether you are a voting member of SDS. Note that, as in the Fall 2020 elections, we will be voting to extend an amendment to the Bylaws which places fewer requirements on the nominees (as things are still virtual, it is more difficult to meet the traditional requirements since there are fewer opportunities to get involved in a production). The proposed amendment (to Article I, Section 1 of the Bylaws, to be voted on at Wednesday's meeting) is written below:

ARTICLE I: Nominations and Elections

Section 1 Requirements of Nominees

     *   Anyone running for an office must not have resigned from any other Executive Board position in the same semester in which they receive a nomination for another position.

     *   Nominees for offices must be members of the Society.

     *   Additional nominees for offices may be considered given they have been present at least two (2) of the previous four (4) general body meetings. Excusals from meetings will not count towards this tally. This amendment shall be valid for the Spring 2021 semester only.

The second order of business will be a discussion of SDS events for this coming Summer and Fall! While things are still up in the air due to the ongoing pandemic, we want to hear any ideas or thoughts you may have on events to do in the coming semester. This likely will revolve around show discussions, but if there are other event ideas you'd like to share, or if you'd like to see more of certain events we've done in the past, then you can certainly bring those up as well!

The Eboard and I are looking forward to seeing you all again and hear your thoughts! We hope that you can make it.

All the best, and again happy holidays,
-Charlie

Charles Beall

Stevens Institute of Technology

B.S. Physics & Mathematics '23

Stevens Dramatic Society - Vice President