[SDS] Ad Day, Load In, Crew Signups

Gabriella Poska gposka at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 3 12:34:00 EST 2023

Hi Everyone!

Happy March!!! Eboard is very excited to announce some fun ways to get involved in our Spring 2023 production of The Prom! Please see below and reach out if you have any questions.

Ad Day

Ad-Day is a semesterly effort where we go out on Washington Street to offer advertisement spaces in our playbill, and also to display posters on Washington Street. We will be meeting Wednesday, March 8th once “Crash Course to Load In” finishes in DeBaun Auditorium where Eboard will give everyone a brief introduction before we disperse. This is during the academic break period, so there is no reason to not come out! It should only take 45-60 minutes though it will go even faster if more members come.

Crash Course to Load In

After lots of positive feedback last semester, we will be hosting a Crash Course to Load In on Wednesday, March 8th from 3-4PM in DeBaun Auditorium. This event is meant to make everyone comfortable with power tools and reading and executing build plans in preparation for our Load In. Any and all experience level is welcome. We will be doing different projects than we did last semester and it will be a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in learning more about set design, set construction, and shop tools!

Take a Load Off Before Load In

Join The Prom cast and crew on Friday, March 10th at 9PM in DeBaun Auditorium while we relax, watch movies, enjoy some Dunkin’ and fresh waffles, and decompress before our official Load In begins!

LOAD IN

Load In is the second biggest SDS event of the semester where the cast, crew, eboard, professionals, and general members come together for an all hands on deck effort to bring our show to life. This semester, our set is bigger than ever and our technical elements and effects are increasing day-by-day. If you are available, all are welcome to help as much as possible on Saturday, March 11th starting at 10AM. Our crew will continue building throughout the duration of Spring Break so if you are in the area, feel free to stop by because there will be tons to do.

#Crew-Calls

Our build team for The Prom is hard at work building the set. If you are interested in helping build and/or paint whenever you are available without making a larger commitment to the production as a whole, join the #crew-calls channel on Slack to see when we are meeting! Make sure your notifications are on so you can be sure to see all of the information sent!

General/Running Crew and Ushers

Our performances wouldn’t be possible without the help of our General/Running Crew as well as our Ushers. Sign up on THIS <https://forms.gle/R31Yhywmg1nJLjay8> form if you are interested in helping out with General Crew calls, set building, cleaning projects, small errand running, etc. OR if you are interested in helping run our dress rehearsals and performances (moving set pieces, helping with costume quick changes, or hair and makeup). Please note to participate in running crew you must be available for as many of the following dates/times as possible: Saturday, March 25th and Sunday, March 26th time TBD; Monday, March 27th through Friday, March 31st 7-11pm; Saturday, April 1st 12-11pm (2 shows). If you are interested in a lesser commitment of just helping out with one (or multiple!) of our performances, complete THIS <https://forms.gle/AvEka1GeigEhpNwZA> form.

As always, feel free to reach out to us at sds at stevens.edu<mailto:sds at stevens.edu> with any questions.

Thanks and hope you see you all soon at some (or all!) of these events!

SDS Executive Board

Gab Poska (she/her)
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.E. Biomedical Engineering 2023