[SGA Announcement] RSO Workshops and Recognition

Abel Alvarez aalvarez at stevens.edu
Sat Sep 13 15:52:57 EDT 2008

Leaders,

I hope you're all doing well now that we're a month into the semester and
I'm glad to notice that a lot of freshman are now getting involved.

As part of the SGA Bylaws, *all RSOs*, even already long established ones,
need to submit a Recognition form, an accurate voting membership list, and
proof of having conducted Unified Elections.  Here is an excerpt from the
SGA Bylaws, Section 4.02b:

"In order to obtain recognition, eligible student organizations must submit
to the CCSI an accurate voting
membership list, proof of having conducted unified elections, and any other
documents required by standing
motion of the Senate. These documents may only be submitted during a full
session of the Senate. Chartered
organizations shall also be required to submit their charter, and any
modifications from the previously approved
charter shall be considered a request for approval to amend."

Proof of Unified Elections can be as simple as submitting the minutes from
your nominiation and election meetings.  If you do not have proof, submit
all the other forms and make a note that you do not have proof, but state
what your elections procedures were for the last election.  All of this is
due *October 5th.*  If you do not submit this information in time, your
budgets are liable to be frozen, so get them in on time.  If you need an
extension tell me or your SGA subcommittee chair in advance.  If you do not
know who your subcommittee chair is, tell me.

Additionally,  the SGA will be conducting 3 RSO workshops.  The dates
are *September
24th, 25th, and 26th*.  You only need to attend *one* of these, so make sure
you do.  If you do not attend, you are liable to have your budgets frozen
until you meet with me.  You will need to send at least one representative
of your organization to one of these sessions so that you can have all the
information that you need and ask all the questions that haven't already
been answered.

Here's a list of the sessions:

Sept 24 – 9-10pm, Babbio 122

Sept 25 – 9-10pm, Babbio 122

Sept 26 – 2-3pm, Kidde 228

You only need to attend a single session, so please try to make it.  No need
to RSVP a particular session.

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work.

Abel Alvarez
Resident Assistant
Chairman - Committee on Student Interests, SGA
Mechanical Engineer - Class of 2011, Stevens Institute of Technology