[SGDC] GBM 5 + Game Jam Y

Nicco Carleton ncarleto at stevens.edu
Tue Feb 27 15:16:26 EST 2024

Save the date, folks: the GAME JAM Y OPENING CEREMONY is THIS FRIDAY AT 9 PM in BABBIO 122! You'll have 48 hours to make a game off a y-based theme, which we'll show off at the CLOSING CEREMONY ON SUNDAY AT 9 IN BABBIO 104! No experience required; all are welcome to participate! And did I mention both events will offer... FREE FOOD? If all of this tickles your fancy (which it definitely does), make sure to get a load of the attached flyer, and maybe send it to some of your game-making colleagues!
(Nintendo will never catch me alive! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!)

Now, enough of my yabbering. If this year's theme has you yieldin', or if you're not sure how to best jam this game, fear not, for we've go that covered too. In today's meet, we'll be talking about GAME SCOPE! Discussing how to pace your game-creating process before giving you opportunity to practice it - the timing's just too perfect! Indeed, to get into that game-jam frame of mind, come on down to Babbio 122 this Tuesday (2/27 - hey, that's today!) at 9 PM, and get thinkin'!

Nicco Carleton - SGDC Secretary