[SGDC] GBM 4 + Game Jam Y Theme Submission

Nicco Carleton ncarleto at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 19 22:41:22 EST 2024

What's up? Hope everyone had a nice long weekend, no doubt spending your time playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to get the game-design juices flowin'! This week we'll be talking about effective game art - as opposed to ineffective game art, of course. I might not be able to draw very well, but I still know the importance of effective art. It might not come before gameplay in making a project sell, art direction contributes massively to immersion and experience, so nailing it down is a good skill to learn. If you want to avoid assaulting your audience's aqueous humor (that's part of the eye) with appreciably abrasive aesthetics, then you know what to do! Come on down to Babbio 122 this Tuesday (2/20) at 9 PM, and... art!

And that reminds me: Tuesday also makes the last chance to submit themes for Game Jam Y! If you've been yielding your ideas, get them in before Tuesday at midnight! (I don't even know what I'm saying anymore...)

Submit your yellowing (?) themes here: https://forms.gle/oHgShxjFsoWp8t8j6

Nicco Carleton - SGDC Secretary