[SWE] PSEG Conference

Margaret A. Weigel mweigel at stevens.edu
Mon Apr 9 15:07:30 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

So at the beginning of the semester at one of the general body meetings I
mentioned PSEG had asked us provide some volunteers for a conference they
were planning on holding in May.  Well I have been in contact with them and
they have officially decided on May 19th.

They have asked me to provide them with an estimation of a head count of how
many volunteers we can provide.  The conference is known as "Expand Your
Horizons"  and is geared toward promoting advanced education in the
technical field to the K-12 ages (I believe).  The tasks could range from
helping set up to possible assisting in a workshop (we will not know until
they know how volunteers).  They are also asking us to set up a table during
their lunch to provide information to those attending.  This is a great
opportunity to network and even maybe put on your Resume.

I would like to ask anyone who can and is willing to volunteer please let me
know as soon as possible.  If you are unsure, please tell me that too.  We
could use a lot of volunteers but I do not want to tell the coordinator we
will provide 15 and only 4 show up.  I know a lot of you were interested
when I announced it during the meeting so hopefully the majority of you
still are.

Thanks,

Maggie

-----