[SWE] Upcoming events with SWE

bbarden bbarden at stevens.edu
Fri Jan 17 17:22:33 EST 2014

Hello everyone!

Welcome back!  So a few things are in order this semester and we want to
keep you in the loop and engaged!

1. SWE Regionals Conference at Virginia Tech - March 28/29/30
     We need a head count of people who are interested in going this
semester!  You will need to have a definite answer most likely by
February 10th but please email swe at stevens.edu if you are interested!

2. General Body Meetings
    We realize the need to host engaging meetings in order to attract the
attendance we wish to have and so we will be focusing primarily on
having fun and social gatherings this semester so we can start to form a
core group of SWE members to take this chapter to the next level!  We
are planning our first meeting for the end of January and this will be a
Fondue Night, So stay tuned.

    Also, please feel free to offer suggestions on what you would like to
get out of your membership with SWE!

3. SWE eBoard Elections - mid March
    If taking SWE to the next level is something you want to see happen
and be a part of, start thinking about running for an eBoard position
mid March!

4. SWE Nationals Conference in Los Angeles - Fall 2014
    This may seem far away to you, but in order to make this event a
possibility for the Stevens Chapter we would need to start planning
early to book the cheapest flights some time this summer.  If you are
interested in attending, please email swe at stevens.edu so we can gauge
the interest.  We would be working on soliciting funds from the school,
but we need to know a head count before we can do that, and your
response is necessary!

Please don't hesitate to send us your thoughts and we look forward to
building a more engaging SWE chapter this semester! And thanks for
getting to the end of this!

Best,
Bridgette & Stephanie