[SWE] Professional Development Updates

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Sun Oct 5 16:42:52 EDT 2014

Hello all!

            Your professional development chairs, Elizabeth Gonzales and
Kate Moyer, would like to share some updates with you all. In addition, we
would like to reach out to any girls who have not yet declared a committee
and wish to be a part of SWE’s Professional Development Committee. Just
shoot us an email with your name and you’re all set! Although you are all
in different committees, we would like to welcome any SWE member to share
their ideas for Professional Development. Again, simply shoot us an email:

Elizabeth Gonzales       egonzal2 at stevens.edu

Kate Moyer        kmoyer at stevens.edu.

*Upcoming events:*

*10/8 ExxonMobil Panel Discussion*

Location: BC122

This intimate panel discussion will be an interactive Q&A, but don’t worry
because we have a list of questions to start off the discussion! So you can
sit back and listen, take in the advice from professionals at a well-known
company, or have a list of questions ready on your own.  The reps are
excited to be partnered with SWE so we hope many of you come out to this
event.

*ATTENTION PROF DEV COMMITTEE:* We are currently looking for 1-3 people to
help with posting flyers! This will give you membership points for helping
out, email both of us if interested!

*10/21 Lockheed Martin Info Session*

Location: Bissinger

Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and
aerospace company that employs about 113,000 people worldwide and is
principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture,
integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and
services. They have specifically reached out  to us about meeting with SWE
members.

Meet with representatives about Lockheed Martin's opportunities.* Opportunities
are available for US Citizens only.*

*Business Casual Dress is required. Open to Stevens students only. Please
remember to bring your Student ID.*

*Check out this link for more info sessions through Career Development.
<http://www.stevens.edu/news/events/242>*

Keep a look out for future events with Verizon, ExxonMobil, Tata
Communications, and Career Development at Stevens. As always, we are open
to any suggestions you may have. Thank you & see you Tuesday!

Professionally Yours,
*Elizabeth Gonzales & Kate Moyer*