[SWE] Newsletter 11.3.15

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 3 19:59:55 EST 2015

Upcoming SWE Events:
*Exxon Mobil Panel Discussion*
Wednesday November 4th | 5pm-6:15pm
Babbio 122
Come network with the representatives of Exxon Mobil during this
interactive panel discussion. This diverse panel, with many Stevens alumni,
have the inside scoop of applying and working for this great company. This
event will be catered!
*Panera Fundraiser * Wednesday November 4th | 4pm-8pm
Come out to Panera and grab some dinner, dessert, or even just coffee to
support SWE! You *MUST* present this flyer
<http://%20https://drive.google.com/a/stevens.edu/file/d/0B7IjEllM-H6VRXVBdnRJRVprQWhqUE9vNklqSDFxVERIQ0dn/view?usp=sharing>
for
us to get credit for this event!!! You can pull it up on your phone!

*Diversity Hosting Weekend Tie-Dye Event *
Friday November 6th | Time TBD
Hayden Lounge
We are looking for volunteers to participate in a fun event of tie-dying
with the high school students visiting for diversity hosting weekend! Fill
out this form <http://doodle.com/poll/p8c8rmgptpnk6ub7> with
your availability by Wednesday Nov. 4th at 6pm.
Additional events may be added for Friday night so keep an eye out!

*Region E SWEet Summit *
Saturday November 7th | 10am-5pm
New York Institute of Technology
This is a great opportunity to meet with different SWE chapters and
university reps. You will be able to network with students, develop
leadership skills, and share ideas on how to improve our sections. Lunch
and snack will be provided!
Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/region-e-sweet-summit-tickets-19073347897?ref=enivtefor001&invite=ODcwNDk1My9lZ29uemFsMkBzdGV2ZW5zLmVkdS8x&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=inviteformalv2&utm_term=eventpage>
!

  *GBM #5*
Tuesday November 12th | 9:15pm
Save the date for our next GBM! Details on the theme will be given in a
later email.

*Engineering Sampling Day*
Tuesday November 21st | 930am-1130am
Save the date for our upcoming K-12 outreach event!
Join us for a fun event inspiring girl scouts in the local aread to pursue
a STEM career through various activities that may highlight your particular
major. Reach out to the K-12 Chairs if you are interested in helping with
planning details. Other Opportunities:  *Diversity Hosting Weekend  *
Registration:
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1km2JLEZWL6cJrbzM1_qUY6hdWu1aPNug29WjZBRjxiw/viewform>
ASAP
Event: November 6-7th
The application is still open for hosts (must live on campus and be willing
to have a student sleep over) or guides (available for any part of the day,
not the entire day) for Diversity Hosting Weekend *this Friday, November
6th*.

*Goldman Sachs Recruiting  *
On Campus Interview*:* Wednesday November 4th

*City Internships*
 2016 Spring and Summer Global Internship
London, Los Angeles, New York City
City Internships runs immersive career training programs for college
students and recent graduates. They’re designed to expand participants’
horizons and get them job-ready.
Learn more here <http://city-internships.com/>!
Apply here!
<http://city-internships.com/apply/?utm_source=us%20societies%2010%2027%2015&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=appl>

Committee Updates:
Prof. Development
K-12 Outreach Check above for our upcoming events!

Make Welzoo.com one of your browser start tabs, and each day that you use
the Internet, Welzoo will make a free donation to Steven's SWE Click Here!
<http://www.welzoo.com/join/society-of-women-engineers/Ukavg6I> (Get a free
Welzoo sticker for joining!)

If you know of any organizations we could get involved with, or have ideas
for events, email us at eraque at stevens.edu and cmoon at stevens.edu
Social
Fundraising
*PANERA BREAD FUNDRAISER! *

*Shirt Sale:*
$15 due to Liz Gonzales (egonzal2 at stevens.edu)
"Steminist" Shirt for those who have placed their order.

Past Events:
Thank you to everyone who came out to our past events! We hope to see you
again.
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts>
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> Instagram
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> DuckSync
Page <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> *Important Dates:*

*November*

*4th - PANERA BREAD FUNDRAISER
<https://drive.google.com/a/stevens.edu/file/d/0B7IjEllM-H6VRXVBdnRJRVprQWhqUE9vNklqSDFxVERIQ0dn/view?usp=sharing>*

*4th* - Exxon Mobil

*6th* - Tie Dye Event during Diversity Hosting Weekend

*12th *- GBM #5

*21st *- Engineering Sampling Day with Girl Scouts

*Contact Us:*

Questions? Ideas? Requests?

We want to hear your opinion!

*President:*
Elizabeth Gonzales
egonzal2 at stevens.edu

*Vice President:*
Elaina Ferrer
eferrer at stevens.edu

*Co-Secretary:*
Julianne Depardieu
jdepardi at stevens.edu

**** If you know someone who is not receiving the SWE emails, please
contact President **** SWE Calander
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1owIh3dBzXTDO2XpztHvhCJxzm_gF1A4ySw_GXXxlNuU/edit>
Want to be taken off the SWE mailing list?
Click the button below and fill out the google doc!
Unsubscribe
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1vd0-nANpQJdU6MYIWHdqsP9Vcc09jDfwufOZBWny8iQ/viewform?c=0&w=1>
Become
a National Member <http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/membership>