[SWE] Newsletter 10.4.15

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Sun Oct 4 14:49:19 EDT 2015

Upcoming SWE Events:
*Ernst & Young Professional Co-Host *
October 7th 5-7 pm
Bissinger 4th Floor Howe
Learn about the company and network with representatives during the event!
Ernst & Young has positions available for summer internships and full time
jobs! Business Casual Attire.
Contact Sabrina Sanichar with questions: ssanicha at stevens.edu
*Verizon One-on-Ones*
Thursday October 8th
Stevens Career Center

Take the opportunity to get valuable advice from Verizon reps at the Career
Center. These sessions consist of a 15min resume review followed by a 15min
mock interview with tips. Verizon is especially interested in Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, and Electrical Engineering majors; but all
majors are welcome!
Signe up Here!
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jq5pUuu4Nrm69NqFI7iz0BcmII-Ku0S3U7RWF7ZB1l4/edit?ts=560f0352#gid=0>
*GBM #3 * October 15th, 9:15 PM
EAS 222
Join us for our third GBM! *Scientista Intercollegiate Symposium * October
16-18, 2015 in New York City
The conference is a great career-building opportunity where students share
original research they have developed. There will be speakers, panelists,
workshops, and a recruiting fair that allows attendees to network.
*Register * <http://www.scientistafoundation.com/symposium-2014.html> *NSA
CyberSprint  *
Registration
<https://registration.cyberwargames.net/cybersprint?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=73484-2_NSA%20New%20Creative&utm_campaign=Aftercollege_09292015>:
Starts September 29th
October 28-November 2, 2015
Complete a skills assessment to see if you have what it takes to compete in
a virtual challenge against 300 other competitors where you will solve a
simulated security threat.  *GBM #4 * October 29th, 9:15 PM
EAS 222
Save the date for our fourth GBM! Other Opportunities:  *Morgan Stanley
HackRU*
October 3rd and 4th
Rutgers
More Information & Registration  <http://hackru.org/> *Goldman Sachs
Recruiting  *
*Resume Review:* Monday, October 12th  5:00-7:00pm, Bissinger Room
*On Campus Interview:* Wednesday November 4th
Committee Updates:
Prof. Development
K-12 Outreach

Make Welzoo.com one of your browser start tabs, and each day that you use
the Internet, Welzoo will make a free donation to Steven's SWE Click Here!
<http://www.welzoo.com/join/society-of-women-engineers/Ukavg6I> (Get a free
Welzoo sticker for joining!)

If you know of any organizations we could get involved with, or have ideas
for events, email us at eraque at stevens.edu and cmoon at stevens.edu
Social
Fundraising Watch out for our PANERA BREAD NIGHT Fundraiser!
Tentative Date: November 4th.
Past Events:
Thank you to everyone who came out to our past events! We hope to see you
again.
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/SWEatStevens?fref=ts>
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> Instagram
<http://instagram.com/stevens_swe> <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> DuckSync
Page <https://orgsync.com/48023/chapter> *Important Dates:*

*October*

*7th *- Ernst & Young Co-Host

*8th *- Verizon One-on-Ones

*15th *- GBM #3

*16th* - Scientista Symposium

*28th *- NSA CyberSprint

*29th *- GBM #4

  *Contact Us:*

Questions? Ideas? Requests?

We want to hear your opinion!

*President:*
Elizabeth Gonzales
egonzal2 at stevens.edu

*Vice President:*
Elaina Ferrer
eferrer at stevens.edu

*Co-Secretary:*
Julianne Depardieu
jdepardi at stevens.edu
  SWE Calander
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1owIh3dBzXTDO2XpztHvhCJxzm_gF1A4ySw_GXXxlNuU/edit>
Want to be take off the SWE mailing list?
Click the button below and fill out the google doc!
Unsubscribe
<https://docs.google.com/a/stevens.edu/forms/d/1vd0-nANpQJdU6MYIWHdqsP9Vcc09jDfwufOZBWny8iQ/viewform?c=0&w=1>
Become
a National Member <http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/membership>