[SWE] Quick Updates

Elizabeth Gonzales egonzal2 at stevens.edu
Wed Oct 14 09:51:15 EDT 2015

*Just a few quick updates on our interactive GBM, Women @ Stevens
Initiative, Diversity Hosting Weekend Opportunities*

*GBM 3: Interviewing Survivor*

Come out to *GBM 3* tomorrow *Thursday 10/15 at 9:15PM *in *EAS 222* which
is sure to be funny, interactive, and informative! Hone your interviewing
skills with classic Do's and Don'ts in our Survivor version of
Interviewing. Check out the GBM flyer attached!

*Women @ Stevens*

So looking into the greater good for the women of Stevens, a committee has
been started to host events that help understand, define, and attack
problems that women face in their professional and personal lives. The
heads of women-centric organizations (including SWE, Women's Programs, and
all sororities) have started throwing some ideas for events, but of course
we would like to hear from the masses! If any great articles come your way
or brilliant ideas pop in the shower, this is where to place them!
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qVSLJdPrFVSA6bAle-b22bwbVleyeitXeLNdEvJk2pk/edit?usp=sharing>

*Diversity Hosting Weekend*

This overnight hosting program of high school students interested in
Stevens, which happens every year in November, is around the corner! We are
currently working with the Office of Admissions to provide you with more
specific details on how to help - very K-12! The help we will be looking
for comes in the form of day guides, overnight hosts, and tentative prof
dev & social events to be hosted. Keep an eye out for these opportunities,
which will definitely be presented at this week's GBM!

[image: Inline image 1]

--
*SWE E-Board*