[Themaintainers] Tailor Made City

Andrew Russell andy at themaintainers.org
Fri Dec 10 14:01:35 EST 2021

Maintainers -

I’m writing to draw your attention to a video created by two of our Summer 2021 Fellows, Purna Sarkar and Himadri Das, along with a few of their colleagues.  The video, “Tailor Made City,” is, as they described it, "a tribute to our own mobile tailor, Sridhar, who passed on this year and others like him who continue to eke out a living in the city, using ingenious ways to conduct their trade. We wrote about Sridhar in our blog, Repair workshops in a repair country, as the tailor who attached the sewing machine to his motorcycle.”

Purna and Himadri added: “Please do like, share and comment. If you do like it, please don't forget to click on the 'like' button in youtube. This will help us and these communities get more coverage as maintainers of the city."

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNWGztMJ2o4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNWGztMJ2o4>
The blog where Purna and Himadri talk about Sridhar, with some pictures (see Figs 12 and 13), is here: https://themaintainers.org/repair-cafe-workshops-in-a-repair-country-part-1/ <https://themaintainers.org/repair-cafe-workshops-in-a-repair-country-part-1/>

Thank you Purna and Himadri for this beautiful set of reflections!

Best wishes to everyone -

Andy

_____

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D.
+ Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
+ Co-Director, The Maintainers <https://themaintainers.org/>
+ Co-Author, The Innovation Delusion: How Our Obsession with the New Has Disrupted the Work That Matters Most <https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/576816/the-innovation-delusion-by-lee-vinsel-and-andrew-l-russell/>