[Themaintainers] Call for Applications: The Maintainers Movement Fellowship 2022

Lauren Dapena Fraiz laurendf at themaintainers.org
Mon Oct 4 13:59:08 EDT 2021

Dear members of the Maintainers community,

We hope everyone is having a pleasant start to the fall season! Today we
are excited to share a brand new opportunity to work with The Maintainers-
we are launching 4 extended fellowship positions for 2022!

The Maintainers Movement fellows will be a part of a cohort of fellows that
will work both individually and collectively to explore the intersection of
maintenance, care, and the environment. We are specifically looking for
applicants who identify as practitioners or have demonstrated, practical
experience addressing some or all of the following topics:

   1.

   Concepts of “care” applied to contexts of the natural and built
   environments.
   2.

   Ways in which increasing frequency and severity of extreme weather
   events are changing policy discussions around infrastructure and
   maintenance investment.
   3.

   How to apply knowledge about biological processes and systems of repair
   to the care and maintenance of social systems.
   4.

   Prevalent forms of care and maintenance for people have ambivalent or
   negative long-term impacts on the natural and built environments.
   5.

   Environmental maintenance practices as they pertain to race, ethnicity,
   and gender.
   6.

   Maintaining and sustaining equitable practices of care and repair.

The fellowship will run from early January to late December of 2022 and
will work to reach a series of goals explicitly stated in our call for
applications. Compensation is $10,000 per position.  For more detailed
information on the overview, timeline, activities, and outputs of the
fellowship, refer to the Maintenance Movement webpage
<https://bit.ly/movement-fellow22>. Please review carefully, and reach out
to Lauren Dapena Fraiz at “lauren at themaintainers.org” with any remaining
questions.

Feel free to share broadly and spread the word! Thank you, and we will be
in touch soon with more updates.

Best,

Lauren

--