[Themaintainers] Why does the IRS need $80 billion? Just look at its cafeteria.

A. Scarlet Galvan galvan.as at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:57:11 EDT 2022

Thanks for this Camille, articles that highlight the everyday working
experience of US government employees are always fascinating to me
considering what voices define what infrastructure and by extension where
funding goes.

M. Scott - I saw the same temporary solution-thinking driving much of the
National Library of Medicine's resource sharing platform as well. So much
gets sent out to temporary employees where the directive is "make this work
again" that it must be challenging to develop any kind of overarching
strategy to maintain those systems in the long term.

-Scarlet