[Themaintainers] New Blog Posts by our Maintainers Movement Fellows

Lauren Dapena Fraiz laurendf at themaintainers.org
Wed Jun 15 13:40:44 EDT 2022

Hello everyone, happy almost-summer! Reaching out here to share the
fantastic new blog posts by our fellows, hot off the press!

   -

   Being Care-Full <https://themaintainers.org/being-care-full/>, By Leila
   Behjat and Sam Bennett. “We (as the collective global whole) must shift
   our priorities by embracing the existing – caring for what we already have
   created, while celebrating its beauty as it ages and evolves." Leila and
   Sam create an insightful synthesis of the discussion held during the “Who
   Cares” event (part of Circular Cities)
   <https://themaintainers.org/who-cares-circular-city-2022/>, an event
   that brought together several protagonists in the spheres of design,
   upkeep, maintenance and repair.
   -

   A Trip Down the Arroyo Seco – A Microcosm of Infrastructure, Nature, and
   Society Part I. <https://themaintainers.org/arroyo-seco/>By Tonatiuh
   Rodriguez- Nikl. How we relate to our environment should not be  “through a
   lens of control but one of continuous cycles of understanding, adaptation,
   and monitoring with a sensitivity to the many physical and social
   influences involved as well as the wide range of human needs that are
   served.". Our fellow Tona Rodriguez-Nikl brings us on a compelling journey
   through the coexisting nature and infrastructure of the Arroyo Seco.

Enjoy, and feel free to share any thoughts or comments.

Lauren

--
*Lauren Dapena Fraiz*
*Project Coordinator*