[Themaintainers] 'Innards of technology' with eeefff and Danny Tirthdas van der Kleij [Rotterdam, NL]

Cristina Cochior clcochior at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 09:41:12 EDT 2023

If any of you happen to be in Rotterdam, NL, this Saturday we will hold a
Repair workshop with Danny Tirthdas van der Kleij which might interest you.

*REPAIR*
*Time:* 14:00-16:00 CET

A very practical and hands-on repair session, going back to the literal
meaning of the word repair. During this repair session we will be
inspecting circuit boards and components while learning some basic
techniques for repairing electronics. The Rotterdam Electronics Depot, a
sparingly used feature of Varia, will take centre stage as we discuss its
uses, limitations and potential. In this Repair we will investigate the
concept of computational de-growth through the lens of its physical and
material aspects while we discuss the feasibility of a truly recyclable and
circular economy of computers.

Optional: Bring your own broken computers, laptops, tablets and maybe even
phones.

Danny Tirthdas-van der Kleij (1984, NL) is a software developer, varia
member, (radio) DJ and (digital) hoarder. His practice combines alternative
and situational software and amateur electronic engineering. Currently this
revolves around topics of computational frugality, divisions of
(non)meticulous labour and the practicality ignored within politics of
repairability.

https://varia.zone/en/rr-innards-technology.html wic

Warmly,

Cristina