[Themaintainers] Fwd: Grants for Teaching About Repair in K-12 Educational Settings

Andrew Russell andy at themaintainers.org
Tue Aug 22 11:54:27 EDT 2023

Forwarding on behalf of Vita - more funding opportunities :)

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Vita Wells ~ Compostela <vita.csf at vitawells.net>
> Subject: Grants for Teaching About Repair in K-12 Educational Settings
> Date: August 21, 2023 at 9:15:58 PM EDT
>

> The Culture of Repair Project just announced a call for proposals and I wanted to make sure it was on your radar. Also to ask if you’d forward it on to people you think might be interested.
>

> On September 1st The Culture of Repair Project will open the Fall 2023 grants cycle for proposals to develop programs and materials for teaching about repair in K-12 educational settings.
>

> The most recent Newsletter <https://www.cultureofrepair.org/newsletters-and-news> has the high level details.
>
> iFixit just blogged <https://www.ifixit.com/News/78914/culture-of-repair-connects-educators-and-students-worldwide> about it and the other resources we offer to support repair in K-12 education, so that’s a thrill!
>
> The tweet's HERE <https://twitter.com/CultureOfRepair/status/1686480879269625856?s=20> and the Instagram post is HERE <https://www.instagram.com/p/Cvap-IaSTaA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==>.
>
> (Regrettably, grants are only available to US projects.)
>
> Hoping you’re doing well and sending my hearty thanks,
> Vita
>

> Vita Wells
> The Culture of Repair Project
> www.cultureofrepair.org <http://www.cultureofrepair.org/>
> Twitter – @cultureofrepair
>
> "Working across sectors to restore repair as a basic social value.”

_____

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D.
+ Officer-in-Charge, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
+ Co-Director, The Maintainers <https://themaintainers.org/>
+ Co-Author, The Innovation Delusion: How Our Obsession with the New Has Disrupted the Work That Matters Most <https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/576816/the-innovation-delusion-by-lee-vinsel-and-andrew-l-russell/>