[Themaintainers] Call for Participants: An Apple a Day - A series to mend and explore experiences of care (or lack of) as we age

Sam Bennett sambennett13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:42:24 EST 2024

Hello Maintainers,

Please see this call for participants for a new 6-month series called *An
Apple a Day <https://samiamido.com/An-Apple-A-Day>* - a series to mend and
explore experiences of care (or lack of) as we age.  Please spread the
word.  More below:

Sam Bennett <https://samiamido.com/> is exploring the connection between
how we care for our things and how we care for our bodies. Inspired by the
maintenance phrase, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” Sam is looking
to create an upcoming repair and health series of the same name, with the
intent to mend and share stories of care (or lack of it) as we age in
American society and its healthcare system.  You may read more about the
project here <https://samiamido.com/An-Apple-A-Day>.

Sam is proposing a 6-month long series with a collective of diverse menders
who want to talk about getting older and our health. She believes repair
can empower people and be an entry point to discuss deeper issues and our
hands can be tools for telling a story. This series would be a testing
ground for conversations, mending, sharing resources, and making
connections.  She imagines it to be centered in New York City, but also
recognizes the power of virtual interactions - allowing for easier
accessibility and a diversity of mindsets.

If you are interested in being part of the collective in some capacity, please
fill out this 5-minute survey <https://forms.gle/tismkb1eQeURiPEv7> by
Wednesday, February 28, 2024.  I will be in touch with you by the end of
February.

Sincerely,

Sam
--