[Themaintainers] You're Invited: Maintainers Meet Up

Liliana Coelho liliana at themaintainers.org
Wed Feb 21 11:19:23 EST 2024

Hiya Maintainers,

We hope you've been swell! We're so excited to invite you *all* to a
Maintainers Meet Up!
*Learn More*  <https://themaintainers.org/meet-up/>

The Maintainers Meet Ups aim to elevate a dynamic virtual space that
fosters collaboration, knowledge sharing, and advocacy among  maintenance,
repair, and care-centered practitioners. Here you will be able to:

   - *Showcase your initiative related to* maintenance, repair, and care.
   - *Tap into The Maintainers network!* Recruit volunteers, inquire on
   resourcing, collect feedback, or draw from our collective knowledge to
   advance your work or interest!
   - *Offer cross-collaborative opportunities and connect *with like-minded
   individuals to build a stronger community centered around maintenance,
   sustainability and care practices.
   - *Learn and be inspired* on what work other members of the community
   are working on,
   - Connect with an* international community based on knowledge share *and
   mutual support to advance maintenance, repair and care in our societies.

Each Meet Up (we hope this will be the beginning of several) will feature
8-10 maintenance projects  - to be presented in less than 3 minutes, where
they will share:

   1. The Project -What maintenance effort are you working on?
   2. What you’re learning - How do you maintain this effort?
   3. Opportunities and Impact for The Maintainers Network - this may be
   volunteer opportunities, thought partnerships, research collaborations,
   jobs, or additional engagement projects.

If you want to save a slot to present your project in the Meet Up, please
reach out to us by emailing* liliana at themaintainers.org
<liliana at themaintainers.org>.*

If you want to join the Meet Up without presenting, but to learn about what
opportunities exist within our network, please register below, and feel
free to reach out if you have any questions about the event. Come ready to
listen to the amazing projects happening within this community. Possibly,
you’ll find a connection that you didn’t even know you were looking for!
*Register Here*
<https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvc-6qqTouGtWsndTE1eAO8x9OkeaWla6g>

[image: MeetUpGraphic.png]
Please feel free to circulate this invitation widely, and of course, reach
out with any questions that may arise.

We look forward to connecting soon!

With care,
Lauren and Liliana