[Themaintainers] Maintenance & Philosophy Technology SIG Schedule 2024

mark young youngm54001 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 03:54:47 EST 2024

Dear all,

We'd like to announce the upcoming schedule for the SPT Maintenance and
Philosophy of Technology special interest group for 2024. We’re really
happy to see such continued interest in this topic and are looking forward
to exploring new perspectives and themes this year. You’ll find the
schedule below - if you'd like to join the mailing list in order to
automatically receive links for each of the talks, send me an email at
mark at markthomasyoung.net

Best,
Mark & Sanna

*SPT Maintenance & Philosophy of Technology SIG 2024 Schedule:*

February 8th 2024          (18-1915 UTC+1) Claudia Eckert (The Open
University)
“The Lifetime or Durability of Products”

March 14th 2024           (18-1915 UTC+1) Bridget Harvey (Chelsea College
of Arts)
“Tending to: Material and Social Practices of Care

April 11th 2024              (18-1915 UTC+1) Laewoo Kang (Cornell
University)
“Engineering Creativity Emerged in our local Reuse Center”

May 9th 2024                 (18-1915 UTC+1) Lara Houston (Anglia Ruskin
University)
“TBA”

June 13th 2024              (18-1915 UTC+1) Reka Gal (University of Toronto)
“SpaceX’s Starbase, or Breaking Things on the Rio Grande and Beyond”

August 8th 2024           (18-1915 UTC+1) Mark Thomas Young (University of
Bergen)
“How the Golden Gate Bridge got its Nets: Maintenance and the Politics of
Artifacts

September 12th 2024     (18-1915 UTC+1) Yuriko Saito (Rhode Island School
of Design)
“The Aesthetics of Care: Practice in Everyday Life”

Mark Thomas Young
Postdoctoral Researcher
University of Vienna
https://univie.academia.edu/MarkThomasYoung