[Themaintainers] CfA EASST-4S – Sociomaterial Intimacy: Reflecting on Loving, Caring, and Translating Technology

Roberta Spada roberta.spada at polimi.it
Mon Jan 29 09:49:11 EST 2024

Dear Maintainers,

We are very happy to announce that we are organising a panel at the next joint meeting of the European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST) and the Society for Social Studies of Science (4S)<https://www.easst4s2024.net/> on 16-19 July 2024 at VUAmsterdam.

The title is: Sociomaterial Intimacy: Reflecting on Loving, Caring, and Translating Technology<https://nomadit.co.uk/conference/easst-4s2024/p/14067>.

By considering both maintenance and repair, and care and affect, we call STS scholars, social scientists, historians of science and technology, anthropologists, and museum practitioners to look at the sociomaterial order by analysing unnoticed (intimate) gestures and operations happening between human and non-human agents when repairing, caring for, loving, and translating technologies into action.

Convenors: Roberta Spada (Politecnico di Milano) & Stefano Crabu (University of Padova)

The full call is accessible here: https://nomadit.co.uk/conference/easst-4s2024/p/14067.

Deadline for submitting your abstract: 12.02.2024

We are excited about the prospect of having you join us at the conference and share your insights. If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us: Stefano Crabu: <stefano.crabu at unipd.it><mailto:stefano.crabu at unipd.it> -  Roberta Spada: <roberta.spada at polimi.it><mailto:roberta.spada at polimi.it>

Best wishes,

Roberta Spada & Stefano Crabu

_________________
Roberta Spada
PhD Candidate | [lei/she]
Objects as Practices:
Collecting, Curating, and Exhibiting Radio Technologies from 1930s Italy

Politecnico di Milano, Department of Design
Via Durando, 10 - 20158 Milano

Museo Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo Da Vinci
Via San Vittore, 21 - 20123 Milano

roberta.spada at polimi.it<mailto:roberta.spada at polimi.it>
Mobile: +39 3935603540