[AIChE] - Events for the week

Palash Mehta pmehta8 at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 24 08:46:46 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

A few general announcements:

1.) *We have 1 EXTRA SPOT remaining to come with us to Virginia this
Friday. If you are free and would like to make yourself available this
weekend to come down to Virginia for the Mid-Atlantic AIChE regional
conference, please let me know.*
*      The current people whom I know will be coming include: Palash, Raul
Letona, T.J Carlson, and Alan Rempel. If anyone would like to join us,
please let me know TODAY!!*

2.) This *Wednesday, March 26th* will be our next general body meeting. The
goals are as follows:

   1. Go over the itinerary for the AIChE Conference - which member of the
   team will go to which seminar. We can't waste any time by all going to the
   same seminar, so it is best to divide and conquer.
   2. Update the Glass Display Box in the lobby of McLean with pictures of
   AIChE (E-board, conference, Chem-e-car, and liquid nitrogen event). Take as
   many pictures at the conference as possible.
   3. Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream: Posters, Advertising, SLN, Ingredients,
   and most importantly, Liquid Nitrogen. (*Event: April 3rd, 2014 in
   Hayden Lounge*)
   4. AIChE Accepted Students Day - table should be booked. Who will be
   able to table sit for certain shifts? Also, we need posters, sign in
   sheets, etc. (*Event: April 13th 2014, 8:30 AM*)
   5. Consider buying a banner for the Stevens AIChE.
   6. Shirts for AIChE - Rebecca has the designs.
   7. Budget submitted for Fall 2014 - Ryan Tarnopoll - possibly put a
   banner and shirts into the budget. (*Due by March 30th*)
   8. Talks with American Chemical Society about working on a Campus-wide
   project together in the Fall.
   9. CCNY seminar on Campus - City College of New York wants to come to
   our campus to introduce us to the world of chem-eng research and advertise
   Ph.D/research positions for chem-engs in CCNY (*I was thinking about
   April 16th*)
   10. Chem-E Car - progress so far? Have we bought the Sterling Engine,
   started working on SolidWorks/AutoCad models, bought the chemicals (hot
   side, cold side chemicals), arduinos, etc.?
   11. AIChE End of Semester Barbeque/Luncheon or dinner. (When should we
   plan this?)
   12. Updating Website - contact Nart Varoqua (nvaroqua at stevens.edu) and
   see when and how he will be able to help us with web designing.
   13. Societe de Chimie Yale Club convention: April 16th, 2014 (*Same time
   as before - 11:30AM - 2:00PM*) - If anyone is interested in coming,
   please email me back.

Thanks so much, all, and again, please do not hesitate to email me back and
questions, comments, and/or concerns.

Yours Truly,
Palash P. Mehta