[AIChE] October Events Newsletter

Alan Rempel arempel at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 25 14:28:46 EDT 2014

 [image: Please allow images]
[image: Please allow images] <https://www.facebook.com/groups/stevensaiche/>

Stevens AIChE
 Join our DuckSync![image: Please allow images]
<https://orgsync.com/join/48025/american-institute-of-chemical-engineers>
[image: Please allow images]
<https://orgsync.com/48025/files/553404/show>Stevens
AIChE October NewsletterPlease join our DuckSync and Facebook pages!
Our Website[image: Please allow images]
<http://ugstudentlife.stevens.edu/org/aiche/home>

 Upcoming Events - October 2014
ChemE Study Session10/1/2014 - 4:00PMX004[image: Please allow images]

Join your classmates and some chemE tutors for an ad-hoc review and study
session before midterms. Your questions will be answered and your stomachs
will be filled.
Infineum Plant Tour10/10/14 - 9:00AMLinden, NJ[image: Please allow images]

Tour one of the largest and most sophisticated petrochemical refineries in
the USA with AIChE! See process control, thermodynamics, and other
disciplines applied in the real world. Registration required.
Yale Club Luncheon10/15/2014 - 11:30AM50 Vanderbilt, NYC[image: Please
allow images]

Network with industry executives at the free-for-students monthly Societe
de Chimie luncheon. It sure beats Pierce. Registration required.

 Events Cont'd
The Evolving Engineer10/22/14 - 6:30PMHayden Lounge[image: Please allow
images]

Join your fellow chemical engineers for a description of the evolving
nature of skills demanded by the current chemical engineering industry. The
talk will be followed by a panel of recent graduates discussing the skills
that helped them most in the chemical engineering profession.
GBM #310/22/14 - 9:00PMX004

Happy National Chemistry Week! At this GBM we'll be discussing November
events and the itinerary for those attending the AIChE National Conference.
We will also begin planning for the Spring, so we'd love to hear your
input. Officer nominations begin the next week.
Mole O'Ween10/23/14 - 9:00PMMorton Lawn[image: Please allow images]

Celebrate everyone's favorite physical constant with AIChE and ACS! There
will be Halloween-themed chemistry and the slime that got us kicked out of
Jacobus: Non-Newtonian Fluid!

Have any questions, concerns, or feedback? Send us an email at
aiche at stevens.edu or contact us through the website
<http://ugstudentlife.stevens.edu/org/aiche/contactUs>!