[AIChE] Welcome Back + GBM #1

Alan Rempel arempel at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 10 22:38:22 EDT 2015

ChemEs,

Welcome back, everybody.

Our first general body meeting is next Wednesday (9/16) at 1pm in Babbio
104. Please note that this is not where we usually meet (X004) - last year
was a little too crowded. Grab some food from the CEMS BBQ, come hear
what's going on with AIChE, and go grab more food.

We'll be covering the events we've got planned for September, our ongoing
projects (like the chem-e-car), and the Annual Student Conference, which I
will cover in a separate email shortly. This is also the best opportunity
to ask questions or voice opinions about the club, so prepare those if you
have any.

Exxon Mobil is visiting campus next week with some alumni and recruiters-
AIChE members have two opportunities to talk with them. If you have an
interest in the company or the energy industry, I recommend you try to
attend one:

   1. Information Session - Tuesday, September 15th, 5pm in Bissinger. Free
   food and giveaways!
   2. AIChE Q&A - Thursday, September 17th, 6pm in Kidde 228. This one's
   just for us, so it's a great opportunity to speak to them in a smaller
   forum.

If you have a question for the officers at any point, you can contact us at
aiche at stevens.edu. You can communicate with the general body on our Facebook
group <https://www.facebook.com/groups/stevensaiche/>.

Please remember that membership in the national organization is required
for many of the benefits of AIChE, including participation in the
chem-e-car team and reduced-price conference registration. If you're not a
member of the national organization, or you're not certain whether you are
or not, you can register here:
http://www.aiche.org/community/students/student-membership. If you're an
existing member, you can renew (log in and check) your membership if you
haven't already.

See you all next Wednesday,

Alan Rempel
President