[AIChE] Annual Student Conference Registration+ Congratulations

Alan Rempel arempel at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 10 23:04:02 EDT 2015

ChemEs,

TL;DR - email me by 9/21 if you're interested in going to the conference

Congratulations to our two 2015 student award winners, Nick Gural,
recipient of the Freshman Leadership award for his work on the Chem-E-Car
project, and David Stein, recipient of the Sophomore Academic Achievement
award for academic achievement! You win free registration and a travel
stipend to an AIChE conference - let me know if you have any questions
about that.

Speaking of conferences, the 2015 Annual Student Conference is November 6-9
(that's Friday to Monday) in Salt Lake City, Utah. More full details are
available here:
http://www.aiche.org/conferences/annual-aiche-student-conference/2015

A few highlights:

   - Our chapter will partially subsidize expenses for a limited number of
   students, so if you'd like to go, please register through us. *Please
   let us know by 9/21 or earlier*.
   - The Regional Conference (April 8-10 at University of Delaware) is much
   more accessible and affordable. Please consider attending that one instead
   if the distance or expense of airfare is daunting.
   - You can submit an abstract to the *poster* competition here:
   https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2015/poster/cfp.cgi. The rest of the
   competitions are only open to winners of a Regional conference.
   - This also registers you for part of the Annual Meeting (AIChE for
   grown-ups). Feel free to stay in Utah for a few days for that (a $700
   value, absolutely free!).
   - You may meet some Stevens professors - a few usually go to the Annual
   Meeting

Feel free to ask me any questions. Sorry for the succession of emails.

Alan Rempel