[AIChE] GBM 1 minutes and announcements

Russell Bechmann rbechman at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 4 09:11:19 EST 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to those who came out to the first AIChE GBM of the semester
tonight! I have attached a pdf of the minutes. If you were not at the
meeting, please have a read through so you know what's going on. The
important points are summarized below:

*Upcoming Events*

*North NJ Section presentation & awards dinner
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1380230/occurrences/3133480>* - February
16th at 6 PM at NJIT. Please RSVP here
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1380230/occurrences/3133480>by 2/9 if you
plan on attending so we can reserve a spot for you and can arrange rides.
Congrats to Alan Rempel, Stephanie Basile, Shawn Maguire, and Ryan
Tarnopoll for being awarded this years scholarships!

*Metro NY Section presentation & dinner
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1380235/occurrences/3133485>* - February
16th at 6 PM at the Pfizer building. Please RSVP here
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1380235/occurrences/3133485> by 2/9 if
you plan on attending so we can reserve a spot for you.

*Chemistry of Cosmetics talk and alumni panel
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1375466/occurrences/3119934>* - March
16th at 6 PM in B118. Please RSVP here
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1375466/occurrences/3119934> if you plan
on attending so we have an idea of how many people will attend.

*Societe de Chimie Industrielle Luncheon*
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1380238/occurrences/3133488> - February
24th at 11:30 AM at the Yale Club. Please RSVP here
<https://orgsync.com/48025/events/1380238/occurrences/3133488> by 2/17 if
you plan on attending so we can reserve you a spot for you.

*Mid-Atlantic AIChE Regional Conference
<http://www.aiche.org/conferences/students-mid-atlantic-student-regional-conference/2016>*
-
April 8th-10th at the University of Delaware. Space is very limited (and it
may already be full) so email Alan, arempel at stevens.edu, ASAP if you are
interested in attending. If you are interested in Presenting a research
Paper or Poster, please let Alan know. cost of attendance will be about
$20-$30.

*Relay for Life <http://www.relayforlife.org/stevensnj>* - April 30th.
Please join the AIChE team here <http://www.relayforlife.org/stevensnj> and
donate what you can. Our goal is to raise $1000. If you are interested in
helping out at AIChE's table at relay, please email Nick Gural,
ngural at stevens.edu.

*Other News*

*Omega Chi Epsilon* - If you are a junior or senior interested in joining
OXE, the chemical engineering honor society, please email Raul,
rletona at stevens.edu. Underclassmen interested in joining in the coming
years, focus on keeping your GPA up and being involved in AIChE!

*Study Abroad Presentation* - Jane Cruz presented about her experience
studying abroad in Australia and in Madrid. Her presentation is included
below for those who are interested.​
 Study Abroad Presentation.pptx
<https://drive.google.com/a/stevens.edu/file/d/0B6Z4MH67c2JyMUNkQlZSS2xTSFk/view?usp=drive_web>
​
*Elections* - Nominations for AIChE officers will be March 15th. Elections
will be April 2nd. Most positions will not be contested by incumbents so
this is an excellent opportunity for younger members to get involved.

We look forward to seeing you at future events and meetings!

Best Regards,

Russell Bechmann
*Secretary, AIChE*
*Stevens Institute of Technology*