[AIChE] Introducing Omega Chi Epsilon (+Volunteers Needed for Saturday Lab Tours)

Alan Rempel arempel at stevens.edu
Thu Jan 21 08:24:19 EST 2016

ChemEs,

On behalf of the Stevens CEMS department, I'd like to introduce a new
academic honor society for chemical engineers: Omega Chi Epsilon
(OXE). OXE promotes
high scholarship, encourages original investigation in chemical engineering
and recognizes the valuable traits of character, integrity and leadership.
It serves both undergraduate and graduate students and fosters meaningful
student-faculty dialogue. You can read more about the purpose of OXE from
its website: http://www.che.utoledo.edu/oxe/default.htm

Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate students in the CEMS
department. Undergraduates must have completed at least 7 credits of ChE
coursework (Process Analysis and Thermodynamics) to be eligible.

Membership requirements:

   - Juniors - 3.25 GPA
   - Seniors - 3.0 GPA
   - Graduates - 3.5 GPA
   - 8hrs community service per semester
   - 2hrs CEMS department service per semester

Specific Goals:

   - Alumni Networking
   - STEM Outreach
   - Expanding Peer Mentorship

Contact the current chapter president, Raul Letona (rletona at stevens.edu)
with interest or questions. We are actively recruiting, and we'd love to
have you. Raul or I will advertise our first chapter meeting soon.

The first CEMS department service opportunity is this Saturday, 1/23.
Professor Zhao needs 2-3 students to show prospective student the ChE Lab
in McLean Basement (X004). Commitment is from 10:30AM - 11:30AM and two
20-minute presentations of the lab. Please let me and Professor Zhao (
yzhao at stevens.edu) know if you are interested in conducting the tour as
soon as possible.

*Ode Chrototos Eggegramai,*

Alan Rempel